simple guestion

Are new Sigs legal to purchase from an FFL in MA? Specificaly 220,220R,226,226R I found a great deal from a website and want to know if I can have them shiopped into MA

The AFR doesnt help since Glocks are on there and I can buy those I don't know what else is on there that I can't buy

The AFR doesnt help since Glocks are on there and I can['t] buy those I don't know what else is on there that I can't buy

The AFR is basically what you can buy. Glocks are anomalous in that they met the statutory criteria, but the prior AG wanted a different shade of red on the end of the extractor or some such other obstructionistic drivel. Not that I have an opinion about it....

Punctuation was developed for a reason. Use it.

Unfortunately for a Sig to be sold by a dealer... it has to be MA compliant as well.... little stupid loaded cartridge indicator for MA (that I would never rely on anyway) is needed.....

...I found a great deal from a website and want to know if I can have them shiopped into MA
The simplest way would be to call Carl @ Four Seasons and ask him if he can receive it for you.
He is a Sig dealer and will know what is approved for sale.
You can also check the Sig website if it is a current model.
They indicate which specific models are MA compliant.
BTW, none of the DAKs are compliant because the DAK trigger pulls are less than 10lbs.
The current "M" suffixed MA models all have the witness slot cut into the chamber. This means that there are two different variations of some of the current models, one which has been modified for compliance, an one that has not. This is not something that a FFL from outside of MA would be expected to understand so proceed with due caution.

ahh see there is the catch, Ill have to check with the dealer to see if there MA compliant (doubt it)

I think it has to have the "Ma**h***" in the top of the barrel as a loaded chamber indicator. Not so sure if the new DAK trigger system is MA compliant.

Are new Sigs legal to purchase from an FFL in MA? Specificaly 220,220R,226,226R I found a great deal from a website and want to know if I can have them shiopped into MA

SIG has a bunch of -M part numbers you can order/get here... eg, P226R-M
etc. Any of those are ma compliant. (P220, P239, P226, P229, P232-SL,
Mosquito).

Don't even bother asking about the X-five, DAKs, etc... the answer on
those is effectively "no" unless you find a dealer that doesn't care.

Also remember that the "great deal" will not look so great after you tack
on like $35 for shipping plus $25 (or whatever it costs) to transfer the thing
locally.... all you're saving is sales tax... and I doubt the out of state dealer
has any -M models in stock, either. (the rest of the free world has no
reason to have -M's in stock. )

Edit: One decent wallhack for Sigs is any that are pre98 are importable, ma**h***
or not.... so if you find a 228 online that pans out to an old pre98 serial number, then
you can easily import those, as well. However, those guns are typically used or CPOs.

I also 2nd the reccomendation for FS.... Carl always has a ton of them and can get all
the MA compliant ones, at a pretty decent price.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom