• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer P320 Fails Drop Test

I mean, p320 has more options like you can shoot someone without squeezing the trigger, as matter of fact you don’t even have to hold your Sig. However, if you are holding it all you have to do is keep tapping the back of the slide. I think that’s pretty bad ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look out, we have a comedian over here!

Look out, we have a comedian over here!

Don’t get butt hurt about your Sig.

66ba8a6c5d8d1253d9549a6477a7556b.jpg

I find this really hilarious only because I'm such a Glock guy and hate Sig fanboys but due to all the hype surrounding this gun I picked one up and now this comes out. But to tell ya the truth I love it and enjoy shooting it. Not a chance I'm sending it back to get shit done to it, I've never once ever dropped a handgun and don't plan on dropping this one all of a sudden and just right so the gun fire off a round.

Probably not many, assuming theres a tit on the trigger that stops the mechanism from moving under inertia. I don't think
there are many striker fired autos that don't have one of those "trigger tits" on them. Kahr is one of the few others I can
think of.

Yah but the pull on a Kahr is about a half mile long so I think it's pretty safe

-Mike

Can you drop the MA version for us and see what happens?

Yah this kinda really shows just how much the MA consumer protection regs are a ****ing joke. And as bad as Moar is she's just taking a page outta Scotty-poo's book on regulatory overreach

It seems healey was searching high and low find an evil gun manufacturer selling defective guns, knowingly.
This must be the answer to her prayers, not that sig knew..
The perfect case for her but with one problem, it passes all known drop safety standards....those same standards that the AG approved list comes from.

We can all agree this should now be a standard test for drop safety, nothing to do with laws though... theese manafactures dont intentionally make an unsafe product...its just bad buisness

It seems healey was searching high and low find an evil gun manufacturer selling defective guns, knowingly.
This must be the answer to her prayers, not that sig knew..
The perfect case for her but with one problem, it passes all known drop safety standards....those same standards that the AG approved list comes from.

We can all agree this should now be a standard test for drop safety, nothing to do with laws though... theese manafactures dont intentionally make an unsafe product...its just bad buisness

Doesnt matter for MA. Because safety.

I find this really hilarious only because I'm such a Glock guy and hate Sig fanboys but due to all the hype surrounding this gun I picked one up and now this comes out. But to tell ya the truth I love it and enjoy shooting it. Not a chance I'm sending it back to get shit done to it, I've never once ever dropped a handgun and don't plan on dropping this one all of a sudden and just right so the gun fire off a round.

Don't be "that guy". Nobody plans on dropping their gun, just like nobody plans to crash their car.

A lighter trigger (mass, not trigger pull force) won't hurt you at all, and it protects you if something you didn't plan for happens.

Artifact said:
Can you drop the MA version for us and see what happens?
Provide the environment and a round with bullet and powder removed.

Environment? like... a gun range? (or a basement, or back patio, or ...)

primed, but otherwise empty cases are easy to make.

I don't think this test is valuable though, since the MA version wouldn't have a different trigger than the 49 state version.

I don't think this test is valuable though, since the MA version wouldn't have a different trigger than the 49 state version.

Correct, the reason it was brought up is because the MA version has a manual safety. Refer to post #27

I'm guessing the reason the M17 (Government Version) is not being recalled is because it has a manual safety like the MA compliant one?
Personally, I have both a MA compliant and a "Free-State" version of the P320 and I find the MA compliant manual safety is invasive.

Still a great firearm, fits my hands unlike HK and Glock.

The angle of drop that will allow discharge is the one that points the muzzle in the most dangerous direction (as opposed to muzzle down or dropped on side). Murphy helped design this weapon.

Back
Top Bottom