• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P365 XMacro

I regret buying the version with a manual safety, although it’s just a matter of buying a different grip frame for $40 to remove it. The Icarus metal frames look amazing, but they are pricey and require all new holsters.
From my understanding, you can just remove the manual safety components. You'll have a cut out, of course, but you won't have to deal with the safety itself. It's not quite as bad a the Hillary Hole on an S&W that can fill with gunk (kinda like the real Hillary Hole...?)

Explain this to me like I’m 5. Cause I have a macro and absolutely love it, so I can only assume a metal frame would make it just that much more awesome.

Edit- found it. I hate you all you cost me so much goddam money.

Trigger guard comes with a little vag. That is pretty sweet.

From my understanding, you can just remove the manual safety components. You'll have a cut out, of course, but you won't have to deal with the safety itself. It's not quite as bad a the Hillary Hole on an S&W that can fill with gunk (kinda like the real Hillary Hole...?)
I think you are correct. A new grip frame would just be for cosmetic purposes, and to keep dust / lint out.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but one of my P365's has a safety, which I don't care for.

I just leave it off

I bought two roster guns when I moved here and they both have safeties. I thought the same thing, "I just won't use it," but discovered the safety on one day...I turned it on for some reason and forgot about it. Then I started thinking about accidentally flipping it on during a high-stress event and went out that week and bought a no-safety P365. I have always owned glocks and other handguns with no safety, so not trying to start now. I would remove the safety if you don't plan on training to use it.

I bought two roster guns when I moved here and they both have safeties. I thought the same thing, "I just won't use it," but discovered the safety on one day...I turned it on for some reason and forgot about it. Then I started thinking about accidentally flipping it on during a high-stress event and went out that week and bought a no-safety P365. I have always owned glocks and other handguns with no safety, so not trying to start now. I would remove the safety if you don't plan on training to use it.
On some guns, if your thumb is loose you could bump the safety on under recoil.

On 1911s, I was taught to lower the safety during the draw and to keep my right thumb on the safety. That prevents the safety from being accidentally applied. I don’t have a P365 so it isn’t clear to me whether this technique would be possible on the P365.

Back
Top Bottom