SIG P232

MG2112

NES Member
All

Leaning towrds a SIG P232. Never shot one. 232 owners - your thoughts and comments please.
Use will be range and target. I own a P239 and love it.

I have one I bought for my girl but she had problems racking the slide. I started playing with it and now it's one of my favorite pieces. Shoots where you aim easy summer carry and thus far flawless. You're welcome to try it PM me if you're interested and I'm sure we could meet up some where as I see you're on the south shore we're fairly close.

Love the gun. One of the most natural aiming pistols I have.

In today's world of small 9mm pistols it is a tad big for a .380, but it is a great handgun.

Now the RANT... there is a shitty little spring clip in there that holds the slide catch lever in place. When disassembling for a cleaning this thing almost always pops out and travels across the room. I spend 20 minutes finding the damn thing every time!

Other than that I love this pistol.

Best,

Rich

I have the stainless and love it. flawless well made and accurate.
it has the mag release under the butt of the handle and no safety, a decocker for the first shot on double action.

it has a longer barrel than most 380's . cons= some don't think 380 is enough gun, only carry's 7 shots.

it is bigger all around than the ppk/s but it fits my larger hands better, I think it is an under rated gem of the 380 world.

I have a 2 tone version, had it for probably 10 years. Works flawlessly. True, it is big for a .380 compared to what's out there now, but the 2 tone is an aluminum frame with a stainless slide, so it is noticeably lighter than the all steel model.

I was between a p230/232 or a PPK. I bought the PPK because of it's slightly smaller size. Let's just say that I don't own the PPK anymore and the sig is still on my "list". The 230/232 is the one of the only sigs that fit my hand right. I wanted a p239 for a while, only to find it didn't work for me once I got one.

Back
Top Bottom