Sig Now Sells Sig AirSoft - But not in Mass.

Has anybody seen tried these AirSoft Pistols sold by Sigarms or know where I could see one in person? I've been itching to buy an AirSoft but want something with a decent trigger pull. I stumbled across these on the Sig web site. Maybe they've been there for a while and I just didn't notice.

http://www.sigarms.com/SigStore/ShowCategory.aspx?categoryid=98

Last edited:
I saw them when I was at Sig Academy last week. I'm not much into airsoft, but the guns were well made, the pistols are gas operated, and the rifles are electric. They are also expensive. over $200 for the pistol, and $350 for the rifle. You can buy them at the academy pro shop.

You guys bash the price but if the trigger is similar it would make
an excellent training aid... I'm not betting it's that good,
though.

-Mike

Your absolutely right. For those out their that enjoy airsoft pistols or practicing self-defense situations without using a real pistol then these products are perfect for that situation. Me personally, for the amount of money I wouldn't consider it but thats just me. Great video though!

There was a review on sigforum.com a while back but they delete posts after four months [thinking] I found a link to the page but it no longer exists. Here is a more recent one, which says the trigger pull is a little lighter and they can be purchased for less than MSRP:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/577103689?r=614103789#614103789

There's some speculation that KJW makes them or some of the parts for Sig.

The video is entertaining. Did you notice the guy reloads after only four shots then checks his surroundings? Seems a little odd if it's a 226 or 229 with at least 10 shot capacity.

Probably just for practice purposes, either that or this guys wants to make sure his gun's always fully loaded in case the attackers gang-banger friends are around the corner.

You guys bash the price but if the trigger is similar it would make
an excellent training aid... I'm not betting it's that good,
though.

-Mike

Well mike yes they can be use for training but in my experience Airsoft pistols are not close enough to the originals in terms of trigger pull. They are actually very far. On my KCS Beretta 92 the trigger pull was ~5lb compared to the 12lb on the original.

I have not tried these particular AirSoft guns, but I own several high quality AirSoft guns and and even more expensive model guns which even fire and eject cartridges w/o projectiles. NONE of those comes close to the trigger pull and balance of the real gun they mimic. I changed the hammer spring trying to even the trigger pulls but that did not solve the problem entirely. By the way, the trigger spring from the real gun will not fit in my airsoft pistol and for a good reason; it will make it inoperable since the force needed to push the slide of the AirSoft pistol back will increase quite a bit, and the gas may not be able to supply the necessary force.

So in my experience airsoft guns are better training than none at all, but they do not mimic the real gun exactly.

Maybe the Sig guns are exception to the rule but I seriously doubt it.

The one cool thing about AirSoft guns is that you can shoot them inside your room :) But i do this for fun and not for serious training.

I am not sure if Tokyo Marui or some other manufacturer was not making a cheaper AirSoft version of SigSauer P226 but still of high quality. The difference would be the trade marks.

A high quality AirSoft pistol in general (Japanese) should go for ~$100-$150. Slap trademarks on and now the same gun is >$200. Not worth it.

My 2 cents.

AIG

Last edited:
SigArms refuses to Sell AirSoft in Mass

UPDATE:

I tried to order a Sig AirSoft though my local dealer. Not surprisingly the price through the dealer is a lot less than the price advertised on SigArms.com.

Unfortunately, SigArms refuses to AirSoft in Mass.

After hearing this from my FFL I called SigArms myself and the customer rep. confirmed that they will not sell AirSoft to Mass “period”. Not through an FFL and not direct. I asked why and he said, “they have some funny laws in Massachusetts.” He wasn’t all that knowledgeable technically, but in a very imprecise way he has a point.

This is an all time low for Mass--so depressing.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I tried to order a Sig AirSoft though my local dealer. Not surprisingly the price through the dealer is a lot less than the price advertised on SigArms.com.

Unfortunately, SigArms refuses to AirSoft in Mass.

After hearing this from my FFL I called SigArms myself and the customer rep. confirmed that they will not sell AirSoft to Mass “period”. Not through an FFL and not direct. I asked why and he said, “they have some funny laws in Massachusetts.” He wasn’t all that knowledgeable technically, but in a very imprecise way he has a point.

This is an all time low for Mass--so depressing.

This is pretty ridiculous on their part, but they are not the first or last company to refuse shipping air guns to MA.

I do not know if other vendors distribute this particular gun but if you are not very picky there is a KJW version of SigSauer 226 all metal but no trade marks. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/514/sort/2/cat/17/page/1

also Tokyo Marui has a very nice Sig version in high impact plastic
with trade marks. http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/800/shopscr3612.html

I do not know what this one is: http://www.shortyusa.com/airsoft.ht...l?II=549&UID=1190044648-18.155.0.210&CA=&RID=

The last two you will be able to find sold by vendors that ship to MA.

Best,

AIG

Back
Top Bottom