Show me your carry rigs

My '71 .22 It carries well in a j-frame pocket holster!

ppk.jpg

OK I'll play

sombrero? toothpick?

[laugh]

nice gear.. especially the glasses

here is an update of me.

SW1911 - been carrying that since mid-December, w / spare mag

Glock 23 - need to get carry ammo, i mistakenly fired it off during my last range trip [laugh]

DSCN0421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd look good in a sombrero! Thanks for the idea! [smile]

How do you like those Galco IWB's? I've tried all kinds of IWB holsters until I got the Milt Sparks SSII. Can't beat it.

both are Don Hume P.C.C.H - i like them, live by them. for the price too [smile]. the one for the 1911 was $50ish and the one for Glock was $40ish (shipped).

i got the Glock one on Ebay and the other on one of the holster stores mentioned here. can't remember off the top of my head.

they work for me.. [grin]

my spare mag pouches are Galco... i got those at BassPro... 100% impulse

both are Don Hume P.C.C.H - i like them, live by them. for the price too [smile]. the one for the 1911 was $50ish and the one for Glock was $40ish (shipped).

i got the Glock one on Ebay and the other on one of the holster stores mentioned here. can't remember off the top of my head.

they work for me.. [grin]

my spare mag pouches are Galco... i got those at BassPro... 100% impulse

Oh, my bad. I thought the holsters were Galco. I got the Milt Sparks using my discount from Brownells. I think I saved about $15 or so. I have some Bianchi IWB holsters for my Walther PPK/s, and one for my Makarov that work beautifully.

And Mine.... [grin]

Details:

CCW: Glock 26 - enough said.

Holster: Raven Concealment Systems (RCS) Phantom OWB w/optional pancake wing attachments - Best Kydex OWB holster for CCW I've ever tried. The gun sits very high on the belt and hugs as close to the body as any leather OWB holster. I actually think the Phantom hugs even closer than my previous leather OWB's. I've worn just a t-shirt over this and the gun disappears. Link - http://www.themalabarfront.com/index.php?cPath=82

Magazine Carrier: Dale Fricke Holsters; Joab Horizontal Magazine Pouch (Kydex) - I've always thought that vertical mag carriers were annoying as they would jab my ribs when sitting down, etc... and always wanted a horizontal mag carrier. I also wanted one made with Kydex. And I found it. It sits to the left of my belt buckle at about 10:30-11 o'clock and is EXTREMELY comfortable. I don't even notice it's there. You can order it made for bullet tip up or down. Link - http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1509

Gun Belt: Wilderness Titanium Instructor Belt - Kicks ass.

Knife: Kershaw Leek - Not much to say other than Kershaw knives kick ass, come ridiculously sharp from the factory... and I wouldn't carry a knife unless it had the assisted opening feature.

Flashlight: Fenix PD20 - Tiny, TONS of useful brightness levels = 9 lumens (35hrs), 47 lumens (6.5hrs), 94 lumens (2.6hrs), SOS mode, 180 lumens (1hr), and Strobe mode... and did I mention it's tiny?

Lighter:... well... you never know when you'll need a fire right?

[grin]

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Rob... next time we see each other... can I try out that Pro Undercover holster you've got? It looks very simple and comfy. How do you like it? How does it conceal your 19?

And Mine.... [grin]

Details:

Holster: Raven Concealment Systems (RCS) Phantom OWB w/optional pancake wing attachments - Best Kydex OWB holster for CCW I've ever tried. The gun sits very high on the belt and hugs as close to the body as any leather OWB holster. I actually think the Phantom hugs even closer than my previous leather OWB's. I've worn just a t-shirt over this and the gun disappears. Link - http://www.themalabarfront.com/index.php?cPath=82

Magazine Carrier: Dale Fricke Holsters; Joab Horizontal Magazine Pouch (Kydex) - I've always thought that vertical mag carriers were annoying as they would jab my ribs when sitting down, etc... and always wanted a horizontal mag carrier. I also wanted one made with Kydex. And I found it. It sits to the left of my belt buckle at about 10:30-11 o'clock and is EXTREMELY comfortable. I don't even notice it's there. You can order it made for bullet tip up or down. Link - http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1509

Knife: Kershaw Leek - Not much to say other than Kershaw knives kick ass, come ridiculously sharp from the factory... and I wouldn't carry a knife unless it had the assisted opening feature.

Flashlight: Fenix PD20 - Tiny, TONS of useful brightness levels = 9 lumens (35hrs), 47 lumens (6.5hrs), 94 lumens (2.6hrs), SOS mode, 180 lumens (1hr), and Strobe mode... and did I mention it's tiny?

[grin]

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

smart man. i carry a leak and g26 also

And Mine.... [grin]

Details:

[grin]

IMG_0001.jpg

I am curious about the magazine carrier as I am looking into getting one myself. I assume you are right handed because you carry that at the 10-11 o'clock position so, does the magazine slide out with a forward motion or a backwards motion?

I am looking for something that stores the rounds facing down and is released by pulling the magazine backwards. How about some shots with it on your person?

Last edited:
Yes it's a Kahr MK9 and the holster is made by UBG holsters. I think the model was canute. Absolutely awesome holster.

smart man. i carry a leak and g26 also

[cheers]

I am curious about the magazine carrier as I am looking into getting one myself. I assume you are right handed because you carry that at the 10-11 o'clock position so, does the magazine slide out with a forward motion or a backwards motion?

I am looking for something that stores the rounds facing down and is released by pulling the magazine backwards. How about some shots with it on your person?

Ask and ye shall receive!

Correct, I am right handed... and the magazine carrier is on the weak side. The magazine comes out by pulling it back and out. And I had mine made so the bullets are facing down... So... it's basically exactly what you're looking for [smile]

Sorry for the crappy pics...

What I see when I look down at my belt...
IMG_0043.jpg

Some close ups...
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

And a frontal mirror image shot...
IMG_4654.jpg

Thanks for the pics Hanwei - Im ordering one of the mag holders now, perhaps a new OWB holster too!

No problem. You will love the mag carrier.

And if you're talking about getting an RCS Phantom OWB... here's some useful info... the standard belt loop attachments that come with the Phantom work great...and hold the holster as close to the body as any leather OWB holster out there. But... if you opt for the pancake wing belt attachments, like the ones on mine... they will pull the holster about 1/4-1/2" tighter in to your body... for even better concealment. Just an FYI.

A guy on the XD forums did an in depth review of the Phantom holster with TONS of photos. http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/photo-...ntom-holster-xd9sc-review-intensive-pics.html

Awesome, I need a nice, concealable OWB. I found out last night that when I put some of my nicer, "going out" jeans, my IWB becomes quite uncomfortable - as they tend to be a bit more form fitting. I was dying by the end of the night and ended up undoing my belt and my fly on the drive home!

question: do all of you guys REALLY carry flashlights and knives along w / your CCW's and phones?

did I miss a memo? [laugh]

i carry a light, an LED on my key chain.

i carry a knife, but only when I don't have a gun.

-just curious

question: do all of you guys REALLY carry flashlights and knives along w / your CCW's and phones?

did I miss a memo? [laugh]

i carry a light, an LED on my key chain.

i carry a knife, but only when I don't have a gun.

-just curious

Yes.

A knife always comes in handy, it's a tool, I use mine a lot. I just used it the other day to cut the end of a cigarette filter off because the girl lit the wrong end. I was her hero, it was her last cigarette and I'm was to cheap to give her one. [smile][wink]

Same with the flashlight, when the power went out at work, it came in very handy.

You should see what I have in my EDC bag. [wink]

Yes.

A knife always comes in handy, it's a tool, I use mine a lot. I just used it the other day to cut the end of a cigarette filter off because the girl lit the wrong end. I was her hero, it was her last cigarette and I'm was to cheap to give her one. [smile][wink]

Same with the flashlight, when the power went out at work, it came in very handy.

You should see what I have in my EDC bag. [wink]

[laugh] i would have gave her another smoke and called her retard.

Back
Top Bottom