Should my next C&R purchase be a Star Model B or a CZ-82? Quandry

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Ok, I'll start this by saying that my funds right now are low, so buying both is out of the question. Even though it would be great. With that said, I'm looking to buy one of these two C&R handguns this week, but am unsure of which would be the better of the two choices.

I'm thinking the Star B is cool in that it looks like my 1911s and shoots standard 9mm Para. I looked at an overpriced one at the Gun show this past weekend and it looks like it functions just like the 1911s as well. I've always loved the 1911 platform so getting this is a no brainer. I know these are much older then the CZ, but if it's anything like the 1911 the age difference should not matter

The CZ-82 shoots the 9x18 round just like my Bulgarian and E German Maks and seems to be built using some of the same designs. I love shooting my Maks, so I'm thinking that the 82 will be just as good. Can't beleive this has C&R status though seeing it's not that old and figure I better get one before someone changes their mind about that status. (I know it will probably not happen, but then again, you never know) I'm going to assume that the CZ-82 is nothing like the CZ-52, which has the most horendous trigger pull and trigger slap that I've ever experienced.

So given the choice between the two, which would you get?

I have both the Star and the CZ82.

I prefer the CZ82. It is C&R eligible.

Both - mags are almost impossible to find, as far as I can see. If you ever see anyone advertising them, jump on it quick.

The CZ82 has higher capacity mag than Star model B.
I like the fit/feel and accuracy of the CZ82.

I have a cz-82, give me a shout and we can go shoot it at Singletary. I'm off all week and available most days. I'll probably be down there 3 or 4 times, I just need to get some ammo for it.

As a devotee of JMB, the Star B!

Later, when funds are more readily available, pick up the CZ-82.

In the surplus market, Star B's have been very "dry", so it's relatively rare to find them available in quantity. CZ-82 is still a relatively new gun and should be available for long time to come.

Last edited:
Get the Star B. There is only one place I've seen selling them but lots of places have the CZ82s. Granted its $100 more but they are just as fun to shoot as the CZ82 and I think supply is limited.

Get the Star B. There is only one place I've seen selling them but lots of places have the CZ82s. Granted its $100 more but they are just as fun to shoot as the CZ82 and I think supply is limited.

I was looking at the one place and was fully set to get the 82 until I saw the Star. It wasn't there the last time I was on their site and looking at the pic and reading about it got me all excited. Hence my quandry.

I haven't found anyplace selling Star B's that'll ship to here yet, or I'd buy one. Glad to accept a pm of good info...[wink]

Back
Top Bottom