Should background checks and training be required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would support funding the massive prison requirements needed to house criminals for life?

If criminals new that the system was never going to let them out, they might choose a different career path. Yes I would, and I also support the death penalty.

Don't find a compelling legal arguement for manditory training or licensing given the nature of the 2nd amendment. Its just not the same as cars, or fishing, plumbing or anything else that is not an recognized pre-existing right as enumerated in the constitiution.

However, we do have a fundemental obligation to make sure those folks who have forfeit their rights due to criminal action have to be held to account. I can think of no feasible operational process that would be more effective than a backgroud check.

So: Y to background checks, N - training.

That said, I think you would be an absolute fool to yourself if you chose not to engage in some basic saftey/operational training.

Also, I would support branding a giant F into peoples forheads for felon to eliminate the need for background checks if we were branching out into the realm of "less than feasible" options to get at that issue.

If it kept the door from revolving and more innocent people from being injured/robbed/killed/raped, etc. etc. etc, then yeah, I would.

Exactly. And by keeping the criminals locked up and unable to repeat, the crime rate would go down. Lower crime rate = less cost to society therefore the net cost could actually go down, and we would have a much better society...

[grin]So i' m not welcome here?

Sgt....you joined a pro gun, pro freedom, pro "government get the hell out of my life" forum. You're welcome here, but you need to understand that there are a lot of people here who will argue with your view point. If you can wear the asbestos underwear, feel free to hang around, but if you can't take the heat....well....

It's obvious you don't want to listen to what we are saying. You've already made up your mind. I don't know why you came here with a question and completely ignore the responses in here. Then you start throwing out typical Brady bullet points when your ship is sinking...

We are all done. If you troll again you won't be welcome here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom