• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shots Fired at Pentagon, at Least Two Police Injured

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
http://abcnews.go.com/US/pentagon-shots-fired-police-officers-reported-injured/story?id=10014570

Two police officers were injured by a gunman firing shots outside the Pentagon tonight. Hundreds of employees there were ordered to go into "Code Red" -- the entire building locked down, with no one allowed to enter or leave.
Photo: Reports: Two police officers shot near Pentagon
An aerial view of the Pentagon in Arlington, Va. s seen in this Sept. 2003 file photo. There were reports of two police officers were shot outside the Pentagon Metro station on Thursday, March 4, 2009.

ABC's Steven Portnoy reported that Pentagon police had a suspect in custody. ABC's Martha Raddatz reported that three ambulances were on the scene, and all parking lots at the massive Defense Department headquarters were closed off.

The shooting occurred at the Pentagon Metro Station, which is just outside the Pentagon's main entrance.

The shots were fired at about 6:30 p.m. ET.

Pentagon Police spokesman Chris Layman told ABC News the initial report was that two police officers were shot. But local television station WUSA reported three people were injured. Two were taken to George Washington Hospital in Washington, the station said.

"All I know right now is that there was a shooting. We believe two officers, police officers, were hit. And I believe we have one person in custody," Layman told ABC News.

"Metro is locked down until further notice," Pentagon police said in a message over the building's intercom.

Some witnesses reported hearing gunshots being fired in the station and people screaming.

[shocked]

in before we find out it's a disgruntled california liberal software engineer that voted for obama in 2008 and has been polishing up a persuasive essay on his company's website for the past month.

Smart security measures. The shooting was likely completely unrelated to the pentagon. But they shut down the place in or out in case the event was a diversion to allow someone to get in, or someone to get out, that isn't supposed to be.

Smart security measures. The shooting was likely completely unrelated to the pentagon. But they shut down the place in or out in case the event was a diversion to allow someone to get in, or someone to get out, that isn't supposed to be.

i guess that's a pretty good point. maybe the "israeli art students" that went after US installations on roads with no street signs are kicking it up a notch.

but now that i think about it, if that's the policy, then wouldn't you want to get someone inside first, and then create a distraction?

Last edited:
i guess that's a pretty good point. maybe the "israeli art students" that went after US installations on roads with no street signs are kicking it up a notch.

but now that i think about it, if that's the policy, then wouldn't you want to get someone inside first, and then create a distraction?

Depends on the goal. If you wanted someone to sneak something out of a secure area, you would best start a diversion that causes those that screen the egress to be less likely to spot something you shouldn't be removing. In these facilities, people are screened in both directions.

The story is now that he targeted the pentagon security. He was described as emotionless and not saying a word. But he did approach the part of the station that enters directly into the pentagon so this does appear somewhat targeted. Still good security procedure.

How could this be? Isn't the Pentagon a "Gun Free" Zone? Damn, if only there had been more signs telling the perp he was in a "Gun Free Zone" this wouldn't have happened!

The lesson of this story is that practice pays off!

The schmuck fired with an advantage of surprise and only wounded his targets.

Those folks recovered and used their triaining to plug him in the head, more or less immediately stopping the threat.

Job well done!!

glad he wasn't able to kill anyone there. these damn crazies just need to stay home. nice work on the part of the officers returning fire--another dirt bag takes a dirt nap! [cheers]

Good news both security officers are going to be fine , bad news is perp has one extra hole in his head that proved fatal. Too bad would have like to see him in prison wearing a mop as a wig and a nice flowing gown , im sure he would make a lot of friends that way .

Regardless of the fact that this guy was illegally carrying, the antis are probably going to use this to throw the Heller decision in our face. [sad2]

in before we find out it's a disgruntled california liberal software engineer that voted for obama in 2008 and has been polishing up a persuasive essay on his company's website for the past month.

suspected gunman's internet writings show resentment of US, suspicion over 9/11 attacks, wapo.
WASHINGTON -- Resentment of the U.S. government and suspicions over the 9/11 attacks have surfaced in writings by the Californian identified as the gunman who shot two Pentagon police officers before he was mortally wounded in a hail of return fire.

john patrick bedell, wikipedia.
Bedell was a computer programmer from Hollister, California. He had been involved with Linux programming at least since 1996.[5].

He graduated from University of California, Santa Cruz, 1992 — 1994, B.S., Physics. He also attended San Jose State University, 1995 — 1996 studying Biochemistry.[6]

beer me.

he's also on linkedin.

john patrick bedell, wikipedia.

Bedell was a computer programmer from Hollister, California. He had been involved with Linux programming at least since 1996.[5].
Oh great, I'm on another DHS list now... [laugh] I've been "involved with linux programming since at least 1996" as well (actually before that)...

Thankfully, I am not actually a computer programmer, I just play one at work. That and I am not a "truther" and don't carry illegally...

In all seriousness though, I am less concerned about the Heller blow-back than I am attempts to lump this guy in with those of us who don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracy, but do believe our government has overstepped its bounds with the bailouts and socialized medicine. We will all be lumped in together with these fruits and nuts...

yeah no kidding, i'm an embedded linux programmer. i carry legally. also, whoever posted the wikipedia page also made one of his first edits certain to smear free-market economic and political institutions! and wouldn't you know it? i'm a friend of those, too.

third edit of "john patrick bell", by user:toitoine, wikipedia.
On his facebook page, since deleted, Bedell associated himself, among other things, with the Ludwig von Mises insitute, Lew Rockwell, Shelly Roche (a self-described libertarian) and the [Linux]] operating system.

thanks a lot, a**h***!

i'm not a truther but here's a good question, if you want one: if the entire government apparatus failed to protect two huge towers in the sky from a plane attack, while everyday people were able to protect the white house from the same, why do we pay for a standing army at all?

i'm not a truther but here's a good question, if you want one: if the entire government apparatus failed to protect two huge towers in the sky from a plane attack, while everyday people were able to protect the white house from the same, why do we pay for a standing army at all?

[rolleyes]

I'm going to have to invoke the "Wookie Defense"...

"That does not make sense!" -Johnny Cochraine

Your logic sense much not with the making...

Because a standing army is not for the above purposes? [rolleyes]

If a standing army is protecting us from that then we would be in a military dictatorship.

invalid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom