Shotguns on the hill

CRSIII

NES Member
All day long I could hear them getting sighted in and warmed up for opening day tomorrow.
By 9am there will be deer holed up in the woods behind my house.
By 8am, I will be up in my stand with my bow.[wink]
To all that will hunt on public land tomorrow, stay safe!
And good luck!!!!

This explains why all these guys were at the range today. The place is normally empty and today all the firing stations were occupied. I don't hunt but to those who go out I wish good hunting and stay safe.

Last edited:
Ugg. I'm getting up at about 4 am. Hopefully it will be worth the effort
Good luck to the all of the hunters out there!

Ugg. I'm getting up at about 4 am. Hopefully it will be worth the effort
Good luck to the all of the hunters out there!

I'm doing the same, and I really like sleep so I'm hoping this will be worth it. I'm hoping to be in a tree far enough in, and before most other hunters, that when they start moving into the woods they push the deer toward me.

I'm still a newbie at this. I think I've chosen a good stand location but if I see other hunters all laughing at me then I'll know I still need work [laugh]

Well I'm ready to walk out the door. Problem being I'm hunting in my backyard...Soooo I've got to wait awhile until the sun starts coming up. Instead of getting up at 4, I think I'll sleep in until 5am tomorrow.

Got up at 230 to get to martha's vineyard. have not seen anything but the checking station looks busy

Actually fishing today. I'm going to wait 'til the local bucks are pushed a little more and then it's BP time for me. (skipping the slugs)

All I here around me while I'm casting is <blam> <blam, blam> <blam> and I know there aren't that many deer near this pond. Somebody needs a little more range time [thinking]

Thank goodness for blaze orange.

Stay safe and hope the B&C gods are with y'all today.

Got all set up in a nice spot and then could hear a backhoe scare everything in the woods away for a mile [angry]... Hopefully better luck late day...

Back
Top Bottom