Shotgun Ammo Disposal Question?

I have a box of 12ga. shells that the brass has rusted. I want to dispose of them and was wondering what would be the best way. Any thoughts??
Thanks...
[rolleyes]

Last edited:
I came have a box of 12ga. shells that the brass has rusted. I want to dispose of them and was wondering what would be the best way. Any thoughts??
Thanks...
[rolleyes]

If your worried because of the age then use a razer knive and cut the plastic over the brass and dump the powder out and fire the primer.

+1 to what everyone else said, shoot them. I have done this plenty of times w/o any issues. Function/fired perfectly.

if you wont shoot them or wont give them away....most ranges should have a "dud" box of somesort. or I believe you can turn ammo into PD department??

I agree with this version!

If they are rusty, then the powder is almost certainly been damp at some point, and I wouldn't trust them in my gun. Heck, I wouldn't even trust them in YOUR gun.

Cut them with a razor knife, as described, and then dump the contents out. You can sprinkle powder out on your lawn. Makes wonderful fertilizer. Discard the lead shot in a safe manner (donate it to someone who casts bullets!).

If your worried because of the age then use a razer knive and cut the plastic over the brass and dump the powder out and fire the primer.

Back
Top Bottom