Shot my first match of the year and I suck.

Well, I shot an EIC match, and after last week shooting my personal best of 440-4, I shot a mediocre 418-9. Well, I guess mediocre isn't really fare, since I only started shooting 6 months ago. I feel like I am progressing, and thanks to people like duaneb1953, I'm really learning a lot. Look at it this way Pat, you just got all your crossfiring and fubars out of the way, and Perry should be a breeze! We should make a plan to meet! Our crew will be leaving at 4am Thursday, and I'll be attending the SAFS with my son.

Oh, and speaking of juniors, congrats to Vern (one of the Reading juniors) who scored well enough to earn 6 leg points today!!!

Last edited:
Congrates to Vern. By the way we are leaving on Thursday morn at 4AM, you'll be in school Friday afternoon. Both of the juniors have come a long way since the start of the season.

yes they have! I started watching Vern last year @ WSA during the winter offhand matches...every week was just a little better than the last. he HAMMERED sunday.

me? not so much. 740something during the MA state championships (zeroes were off a tad)

EIC match on sunday, standing went crappy. 91x2 (dropped 3 8's that were JUST outside that hurt me), sitting rapids, oh god. when i went to stand, my mat shifted and bunched under my feet, completely destroying the position i had built...so when i dropped into position, everything was off. took me 20+ seconds to get back sort of where i needed to be, but by that point, i felt rushed, and just squeezed em off trying to not save a round. 5 8's later, i shot myself an 84. put it past me, and shot my 300rapids. shoulda gone by my latest data book numbers (changed ammo midseason), and put a tad more elevation on it. 95x0, with a 10-shot group just a hair larger than a golfball (shoulda been a 7 or 8x clean). 600? 600 was 600. heavy mirage and one missed shift cost me a 7 and 2 8's. didnt really lose any to elevation, so i'm still happy with it (189x4)

this week is ammo loading week! just primed 500 cases for shortline ammo, and another 150 for long range (need to find some more Winchester in the next day or two). wanna have plenty of ammo for the squadded practice (ive heard the horror stories, but i'm hoping its better this year with DeMille running the show). the upside is I just got a deposit for a decent little sidejob this morning, so i'm gonna have extra cash to go out to Perry with. woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom