Shoots this weekend?

Saturday, 16 July
USPSA VT State Championship, Morrisville, VT (2 day event) 9 slots still available as of 13 July

Sunday, 17 July
USPSA VT State Championship, Morrisville, VT (2 day event) 9 slots still available as of 13 July
USPSA Special Classifier, Capital City, Augusta, ME
Metallic Silhouette, Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH
IDPA, Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH
Rifle Pins, Mass Rifle, Woburn, MA

You really should check the shooters calendar for the events. It's there as a service to all shooters and should be checked often.

Last edited:
Saturday, 16 July

Sunday, 17 July
USPSA Special Classifier, Capital City, Augusta, ME
Metallic Silhouette, Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH
IDPA, Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH
Rifle Pins, Mass Rifle, Woburn, MA

You really should check the shooters calendar for the events. It's there as a service to all shooters and should be checked often.

Where is this shooters calendar located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stere is a steel plate match at the Wallum Lake R&G Club in Harrisville, RI this Sunday. Starts at 10:00 a.m.

Pioneer put on a great match today. They some some pretty creative and tough stages. Thanks to all the SOs and ASOs for all their hard work.

... Made my own shoot today... Stated this morning with the live-fire portion of a Basic Pistol class with 11 students, then went to the rifle range with one of the students (an acquaintance) to shoot the AR and M1 Garand.... fun times... no targets to show, because I let her take them home for the refrigerator!

Pioneer put on a wonderful day. Had my wife with me and she enjoyed it as well. Thanks to all who made it happen and were so welcoming the bride said you were a great bunch of guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were run off a mimeograph machine prior to mailing!

Results may have been slower "back in our day", but If you won your class, they came with check$$$$$$$$
The time waiting gave us more reflection on how we screwed up........

The time waiting gave us more reflection on how we screwed up........

Actually I use the scores to determine how badly I screwed up a stage or did well. For example if I do a stage run of 26 seconds and I thought I did well. Then the scores come out and 23 was the average with the top shooter did it in 16 seconds, I really analyze the stage to see what I could of done better. These long waits, my memory of the stage is lost and I lose precious time to practice on something specific before the next match.

Actually I use the scores to determine how badly I screwed up a stage or did well. For example if I do a stage run of 26 seconds and I thought I did well. Then the scores come out and 23 was the average with the top shooter did it in 16 seconds, I really analyze the stage to see what I could of done better. These long waits, my memory of the stage is lost and I lose precious time to practice on something specific before the next match.

AHHHH, but we did not know if we sucked or not for days & weeks........![crying]

This made us assume we sucked[shocked], until the scores were out,
but it also made us mentally tougher[wink] than today's instant gratification results...
Now after 23 years, I know If I sucked or not without seeing the scores......[laugh2]

AHHHH, but we did not know if we sucked or not for days & weeks........![crying]

This made us assume we sucked[shocked], until the scores were out,
but it also made us mentally tougher[wink] than today's instant gratification results...
Now after 23 years, I know If I sucked or not without seeing the scores......[laugh2]

23 years??? Holy crap! That's a long time. Who was shooting USPSA with you back then that is still doing it? Was USPSA around then???

23 years??? Holy crap! That's a long time. Who was shooting USPSA with you back then that is still doing it? Was USPSA around then???

Just Dan S,
Lopez,
sometimes Mark Mazzota & Bobby Longo..... rarely Ken Ruffert..
The rest are quits, too old or dead.
And we did not practice then either, still don't...[slap]
We are all kind of "on demand" type shooters...

PS,
there were NO GLOCKS back then,
just 1911's! (and cap & ball revo's of course!)[thumbsup]

Just Dan S,
Lopez,
sometimes Mark Mazzota & Bobby Longo..... rarely Ken Ruffert..
The rest are quits, too old or dead.
And we did not practice then either, still don't...[slap]
We are all kind of "on demand" type shooters...

PS,
there were NO GLOCKS back then,
just 1911's! (and cap & ball revo's of course!)[thumbsup]

I guess if you haven't figured out what to do after 23 years practice won't do much good! LOL

No Glocks??? Damn... I'm glad I didn't shoot then!! What would I do without a good chunk on plastic in my hand??

It is sad that some have passed away... even in the short time since I've been involved in action shooting a few good guys are gone...

:( Darius, JKelly, GregG. Miss those guys.

Back
Top Bottom