Shooting with an MP shield

Here's my question. If the Shield has a 'MA trigger' why the heck don't all guns sold in MA have the same crappy trigger?

Because S&Ws lawyers have decided in their infinite wisdom that they needed that shit trigger to get by the CMR940 compliance garbage. Others have not quite fallen for this stuff.

-Mike

The MA shield/m&P triggers are usually so ****ing horrendous that unless someone has a moderate to high level of skill level going in, the results end up being pretty horrendous. I agree that people should train more, but I also think its a disservice to dance around how terrible the triggers are. If anything it makes learning more frustrating when you have to fight that $%#$%$#%ing thing. Trying to get a noob to (esp one that might have limited hand strength etc) run a broken mass M&P right makes the whole process more difficult than it needs to be. Some of those triggers are not merely 10 pounds. Some of them are 12+, and scratchy pieces of shit to boot.

-Mike

Well said!

I'm convinced Apex colluded with S&W on the trigger. Just like how the the pharmaceutical companies had a vaccine for the 2009 Swine flu and normally reasonable people were going crazy for it.

Well, at least you were smart enough to spell that pharma word correctly.

To give business to gunsmiths, obviously.

Not for the reason, but definitely a by product. I ran into Dave at the range after he did my shield and was shooting my new Canik. He was like, oh another one that doesn't need anything. [rofl]

I said, don't worry. All these 1911 guys still need you.

My level of confidence as far as aim with that gun is that if an elephant ever attacks me and I let it get close to 15 yards I may get him on the 3rd or 4th shot

The problem is the operator then. I'm not a great shot but even I was able to easily hit my targets at 25 yards , steel plates, the first time I picked one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm convinced Apex colluded with S&W on the trigger. Just like how the the pharmaceutical companies had a vaccine for the 2009 Swine flu and normally reasonable people were going crazy for it.

Nah, Smith just got caught skinflinting on one of their products, and Apex decided to fill that void. The M&P was out several years before apex came out with that kit. Before that you had to go to a gunsmith, send your gun out to Dan Burwell, or have one of the local guys do it that knew what they were doing.

-Mike

Would anyone care to share thoughts on thumb safety vs no thumb safety?

Is deletion just for the time savings from holster to firing or is there more to it, performance / accuracy wise?

Put an Apex duty kit in and you'll be hitting him at 100 yards![smile]

Question.....How is it that I can get 5 rounds touching at 25 feet with a snub double action revolver with a 12 pound pull......But an apex kit is needed to solve all the inacuracy problems with a semi auto?

- - - Updated - - -

Would anyone care to share thoughts on thumb safety vs no thumb safety?

Is deletion just for the time savings from holster to firing or is there more to it, performance / accuracy wise?

It's just a time saving / easier manual of arms to learn. Has nothing to do with accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom