• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting out of state...

So I am a NH resident. my parents live in CT. do the current laws in CT prohibit me being able to transport my firearms to CT to shoot on my parents private property and have a 'range day' with my Dad?! I know that the rules on discharging firearms are dependent upon each towns ordinances and that my AR is illegal to own in CT but i would be a NH resident on private property how does that work? thanks in advance. Brian

So I am a NH resident. my parents live in CT. do the current laws in CT prohibit me being able to transport my firearms to CT to shoot on my parents private property and have a 'range day' with my Dad?! I know that the rules on discharging firearms are dependent upon each towns ordinances and that my AR is illegal to own in CT but i would be a NH resident on private property how does that work? thanks in advance. Brian

It depends on the firearms. Handguns are a "no-go" unless you get your non-resident pistol permit from CT. Long guns that don't fall into the "assault weapon" category are fine.

Back
Top Bottom