Shooting from hammer-forged, chrome-lined DRY barrel

The only people I've ever met that were that anal about the barrel were guys who had special guns built from the ground up for accuracy that are way more than I'm willing to spend for a rifle.

I knew a guy who'd only push cleaning rags and brushes from the breech, he never cleaned from the crown back.
Wait you clean from the crown back?

Do you eat without silverware you savage

I once found in a basement clean-out, a rifle cartridge that had a piece of copper tubing brazed into the primer end, and a funnel brazed into the other end of the copper tube, with a couple 45-degree bends, so that you could put it in a bolt-action chamber, and flush the barrel with ease.
That sounds like someone created a little one hitter for crack or weed

That sounds like someone created a little one hitter for crack or weed
Well, it was in a box with a bunch of random cleaning supplies, and stank of old GI bore cleaner.

That said, I don't judge others, when it comes to their intoxicants. When I was bartending, I had a customer ask for sweet vermouth and 1/2 & 1/2.

1702426787797.jpeg

I once found in a basement clean-out, a rifle cartridge that had a piece of copper tubing brazed into the primer end, and a funnel brazed into the other end of the copper tube, with a couple 45-degree bends, so that you could put it in a bolt-action chamber, and flush the barrel with ease.
Sounds inventive/creative. I made a mess in my basement despite having a bucket ready to catch the water. Total jerkweed move by me because I kind of panicked with the water heater and spilled more than necessary. Next time I will look to be more precise.

Wait you clean from the crown back?

Do you eat without silverware you savage
Nah, he pushed brushes and rags through from the breech only. Cleaned the entire barrel, but if I remember right he didn't want to mar the crown or something like that, it was a LONG time ago.

I run a boresnake and call it good, but I do feed it from the chamber.

Back
Top Bottom