Shoot my m44

I bought a m44 from zero hour on fri shot it today what a bang that thing has. but is there anything i should do before I kep shooting it

dont be like bill and myself and fire about 400 rounds out of the m44, m38 and expect your shoulder to work fine afterwards.

make sure to clean for corrsive ammo, just spray some water down the barrel and then swab with wet patches and then clean as you would for any other type of non corrsive ammo. if you having the sticky bolt problem get a cheap dental pick set and take a flashlight and scrap the cosmo out the chamber groves.

Last edited:
I am only shooting 220 rounds tomorrow.. [rofl]

Thanks not including the 12GA... [rofl][rofl][rofl]

tomorrow i have 100 rounds for the mosin and about 150 .40sw that im willing to blast off with the newest member of denchy-poo's familiy.

make sure to clean for corrsive ammo, just spray some water down the barrel and then swab with wet patches and then clean as you would for any other type of non corrsive ammo. if you having the sticky bolt problem get a cheap dental pick set and take a flashlight and scrap the cosmo out the chamber groves.

I've heard some folks say that water is not enough to get the corrosive salts out and that ammonia (windex) is needed to get the job done.

Someone else will chime in and give their opinion on this.

dont be like bill and myself and fire about 400 rounds out of the m44, m38 and expect your shoulder to work fine afterwards.

If you can get your hands on it, the 7.62x54r hollow core (aka "short range") training ammo is a great way to decrease the wallop your shoulder gets, while actually increasing the fireball and report. It's one of the best rounds I've tried for waking up the guys guys milling around at the range [smile] It's no target round, but it's more than capable of hitting jugs at 100 yds.

Only downside is that the only place I know of who sells the stuff online does not ship to the PRMA.

Back
Top Bottom