Shipping guns to a dealer

Hi,
i am new to this forum and am finding it very valuable for info as a Ma resident.
Applied for my license the beginning of this month so have a 90 or so days to waite so I was told.

Now to the question. I am interested in getting a Walther PPS. I did a chat with "Buds" about their cost for a "MA" complient PPS. Shipped to a dealer here in Ma. I was told they could not ship any guns to Ma. I thought you could buy guns mail order if shipped to a dealer. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tom

Buds sucks.

Yes, you can get guns inbounded, just not thru them. They only oppotunisically send certain guns to MA dealers.

Buy local, save yourself a lot of bother.

The short version: The MA AG's office has threatened everyone and their brother with legal action, regardless of the fact that there is no law against selling something to a MA resident or the sale meets the letter of the law, so nobody will do business with MA if they can avoid it.

I have had no problems having MA compliant firearms shipped to a dealer in MA. Unfortunately some dealers have simply given up on MA. You just have to find an out of state dealer willing to do business in MA. There are dealers in MA that offer excellent prices (FS is an example) so you may be able to by your new gun here.

Gunsamerica, gunbroker. There are plenty of dealers on those websites that will ship.

Buds and cheaper than dirt are gay and won't. But there are plenty of dealers that will take your business. You won't pay sales tax but shipping and transfer fee usually exceed that anyhow. Still Gb and GA are good to look at to see what the type of gun your looking at goes for on the open market.

So if it's only a few bucks it's worth working with a ma dealer......

Last edited:
Thanks all for the input. I will probably deal with a local dealer here in Ma. Let's see, applied the first of this month only 70 or so days to go to hopefully get my license.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom