Shipping Ammo for Me to a Friend in NH

P-14

NES Member
Ok. I live and work in MA. So, I work with this friend from NH who as offered to receive shipments of ammo for me from out of state vendors. He has no MA firearms license.

Can he legally bring the ammo that I purchased to me in MA when he comes to work, or must I visit him in NH to pick it up?

I'm not 100% sure of the answer to your question, so I won't comment on that. I just want to make you aware that a couple years ago I tried exactly what you want to do, with Midway (actually it wasn't even ammo, just reloading components), and as soon as they found out I was from MA - which came up when they asked about the billing address for my credit card - they refused to ship any components anywhere. So, if you decide to give it a try you may want to consider having your friend do the purchase in the entirety and you reimburse him via cash or check.

To answer your question unless he has a MA LTC,or FID, he can not legally possess any ammo, or components in this state.

As far as the billing question, simply put the NH address in for the billing info and shipping info. I have yet to find ANY online retailer that has used that as any sort of check to see if the card if valid.

As far as the billing question, simply put the NH address in for the billing info and shipping info. I have yet to find ANY online retailer that has used that as any sort of check to see if the card if valid.

Depending upon whether you use a credit card or not, having a different billing address then what's on your CC records can at time cause your purchase to be rejected. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it can be a pain.

Depending upon whether you use a credit card or not, having a different billing address then what's on your CC records can at time cause your purchase to be rejected. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it can be a pain.

Again, like I said it hasn't happened to me, not even once over multiple credit cards, with some large and well known retailers...

Some credit card companies will be happy to add other addresses to your account to avoid just that type of problem, all you have to do is call. [wink]

Thanks, Everyone. It looks like he can't bring it into MA legally, so I'll pick it up in NH. Y'all gave me great advice to use the billing and shipping address to be the same NH address with no downside.

I really appreciate the advice.

Regards,

Bob

Back
Top Bottom