Shinseki resigns after VA scandal

official resigns, problem over, on to the next one

thats how it works right?

We're not about solving problems in this country anymore which happens in any arena when there is no real leadership. We like to put temporary band-aids one everything and hope people forget in due time. This problem is far more systemic than just one individual, but no root cause analysis will be done. People see "action" and then move onto something else.

“Goddamnit!” Shinseki said. “Goddamn piece of shit White House. I sit on my ass on hold for hours and then they disconnect me. God I hate the goddamn White House. No wonder so many VA secretaries are committing suicide.”
LOL
We are in no way, shape, or form, a real news outlet. Everything on this website is satirical and the content of this site is a parody of a news organization. No composition should be regarded as truthful, and no reference of an individual, company, or military unit seeks to inflict malice or emotional harm.

All characters, groups, and military units appearing in these works are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, or actual military units and companies is purely coincidental.

Saw a news report on CBS this morning that tried to blame previous Republican administrations saying it started under their watch and that this administration is now trying to clean up their mess.......

Are you friggin kidding me? Once age everyone is bunkering in and trying to protect their ass and place the blame elsewhere. Only problem is that were talking veterans now. Hopefully the public doesn't buy this shite and pushes for more heads to role. I'm waiting to see what the DOJ comes back with after their investigations.

Saw a news report on CBS this morning that tried to blame previous Republican administrations saying it started under their watch and that this administration is now trying to clean up their mess.......

Are you friggin kidding me? Once age everyone is bunkering in and trying to protect their ass and place the blame elsewhere. Only problem is that were talking veterans now. Hopefully the public doesn't buy this shite and pushes for more heads to role. I'm waiting to see what the DOJ comes back with after their investigations.

Like the other scandals they're investigating? This will go NO WHERE.

Just as Charles Krauthammer predicted, that he'd be gone by the weekend.

His resignation is a start, now on to the criminal prosecution of all the rest of the corrupt and dishonest bastards that contributed to the deaths and suffering of thousands waiting to be treated and especially those who destroyed all the documentation that was produced in that process.

Oh, and pay back those F'ing bonuses that were paid to those incompetent phucks that received them.

Last edited by a moderator:
To think he is U.S. Army General (retired), If that is his leadership style how many has he left behind on his time ticket punching his way up the promotional ladder?

Actually Joe he was forced to retire early as Chief of Staff because he had the audacity to tell Rumsfeld that he needed more troops on the ground for the invasion of Iraq. He pissed Rummy off and that was the end of his career. History proved his judgement correct on that one, that technology is not necessarily the combat multiplier that Rumjerk thought it was.

Six years in and they still blame Bush for the economy. They don't take any responsibility for fast and furious, the are outstanding democrats i.e they are not responsible.

Just as Charles Krauthammer predicted, that he'd be gone by the weekend.

His resignation is a start, now on to the criminal prosecution of all the rest of the corrupt and dishonest bastards that contributed to the deaths and suffering of thousands waiting to be treated and especially those who destroyed all the documentation that was produced in that process.

Oh, and pay back those F'ing bonuses that were paid to those incompetent phucks that received them.

It took this long because the number one thing to obama is to repay those who carried his water. He was a big supporter in '08 and as a general gave him national security cred. Just like the other corrupt or incompetent, Sebilius, Holder, etc. as long as the kiss the King's ring, he keeps them.

Shinseki wasn't a crook, he was just a crony and incompetent. The ones who were on the front lines of cooking the VA's book need prison. They need to lose every dime they've earned in gov't and they need to do LONG prison terms. People died because these A Holes didn't do their jobs and they actually got bonus' for performance from the cooked numbers.

I want scalps. [angry]

Okay then, Where did he lose his back bone?

I don't have an answer for that one. I think like a lot of people in government, he was overcome by events. We've become too big, too out of control. Even good people are surrounded 24/7 by yes men and the higher you go, the more you sell your soul. A guy like him becomes more of a figurehead than anything else. Who really runs the VA day to day or any government agency for that matter? You know, you worked for the government. How much did the Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs really run your department? They come and go, but the lifer bureaucrats remain.

Actually Joe he was forced to retire early as Chief of Staff because he had the audacity to tell Rumsfeld that he needed more troops on the ground for the invasion of Iraq. He pissed Rummy off and that was the end of his career. History proved his judgement correct on that one, that technology is not necessarily the combat multiplier that Rumjerk thought it was.

He was scheduled to resign before the Iraq war. He was appointed by Clinton, was a liberal and did not have anything in common with the Bush admin.

This piece highlights Shinseki some. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/05/shinseki-at-the-va-wrong-man-wrong-reason.php His desire for more troops in Iraq looks to be his desire anywhere. He wanted more troops to invade Afghanistan too.

He was scheduled to resign before the Iraq war. He was appointed by Clinton, was a liberal and did not have anything in common with the Bush admin.

This piece highlights Shinseki some. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/05/shinseki-at-the-va-wrong-man-wrong-reason.php His desire for more troops in Iraq looks to be his desire anywhere. He wanted more troops to invade Afghanistan too.

Well, anybody can argue this one, anyway they want. Rumjerk didn't like Shinseiki and he proved them right in the end. You choose to believe what you want to believe and I'll stick with my opinions about Bush, Cheney, Rumjerk, Wolfy-half wit and the entire gang of war criminals, and 'Bam and company aren't any better...a pox on to all of 'em as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/12/washington/12shinseki.html?_r=0

http://washingtonnote.com/what_happened_t/

It's awesome that halfway through his second term this incompetent, spineless, criminally negligent nitwit "president" can still pull out the "I inherited this mess" card.

I hope Obama chokes to death on his next 5 star meal.

Okay then, Where did he lose his back bone?

Remember, he is the one who thought that Army would "feel better" about themselves by implementing the black beret policy.

Gen. Eric Shinseki announced in October (2001) that the black beret the Rangers wear proudly as an exclusive badge of honor would become standard-issue headgear for everyone from Army cooks and clerks to colonels and generals. When Shinseki made his surprise announcement in October, he said, "When we wear the black beret it will say that we, the soldiers of the world's best army, are committed to making ourselves even better.'' He said the beret would be a "symbol of unity.''

Last edited:
Remember, he is the one who thought that Army would "feel better" about themselves by implementing the black beret policy.

I don't much care for the berets, but seriously that's the best you can come up with ? Seems to me that the recent leadership of the Army made a much bigger mistake with the ACUs and making the Blue Uniform the standard garrison/service/dress.

I'm not sticking up for Shinseiki but was just waiting until some usual suspect to chime in about the berets.

If Odumbo supported him, more then likely he has no credentials for leadership
Odumbo likes to appoint minions and morons to positions

Has the VA ever worked correctly?

My my brother never had anything positive from them when he dealt with a brain tumor for over twenty years until is killed him.

I feel sorry for the vets who have to deal with that agency.

Has the VA ever worked correctly? My my brother never had anything positive from them when he dealt with a brain tumor for over twenty years until is killed him. I feel sorry for the vets who have to deal with that agency.

I have never had any problem with the VA whatsoever. On fact I very reluctantly filed a claim when I retired from the Army only at the insistence of the VA Counselor at my last active duty station. When I retired, I went to the VA Center on Causeway St in Boston, paperwork in hand, told them that I didn't even know why I was here, but here are my records. Saw a bunch of doctors, three months later I get a letter telling me that I am 20 percent service connected disabled and am entitled to free medical care. I get a small check (which is subtracted from my Army retired pay, another story) I never went back for the free medical care though, go figure. I always thought that maybe because I wasn't asking for anything, they gave it to me, the .gov is weird that way. So many people get screwed over filing claims and for me it was a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom