Shield holster advise

Check out Keyhole Holsters, another member refered me to them. I bought a kydex iwb which works for me. But he has a line of hybrid holsters that looks great. He's also local and has shorter leads times than other companies.

Check out Aliengear holsters. Personally I prefer it over my crossbreed. $30, and you can buy additional shells for your other pistols for like $12.

i was just looking on there website at a shield holster, is there a 3rd adjustment hole behind the clips i cant see?

EDIT: i just looked around on site and saw there is, i think ill order one

Last edited:
So I just got my remora holsters that I ordered cyber Monday for my shield, I was very skeptical of these as im sure many of you are as well, but after seeing many positive reviews and a 40% off sale I figured what the hell I'll try it. I gotta say its doesn't move. I've just been wearing it around the house, but it seems great for running out quick, Idk if I trust it for all day carry yet but for short money not bad

Last edited:
Ordered one for my shield back in Oct.
10 week wait is almost over.
I first bought an Old Faithful hybrid and liked it but then ordered a PJ Holster after seeing a review. I've had it since the summer and it does have a smaller footprint and it is easier to quickly put on if you're flying out the door but the Old Faithful (or any hybrid I suppose) is more comfortable. Having said that, I use both equally.

I have been wearing the Kydex Hybrid IWB for my Shield and I find it extremely comfortable, I have tried many brands
and probably spent way to much money.

I found that the trick with the Kydex is in the position, to far forward and it pinches and rubs, to far back and it sticks out
and makes maneuvering very difficult.

I am left handed so if the holster is placed at the 8:00 position it fits like a dream.

Just my input, I have a crossbreed as well for my glock and that wears well with the same position

Any crossbreed or the likes of it take away from the slim size of the shield/xds, you want the thinnest holster you can find. Not sure of the exact kydex that you have but the one I have for my xds is very strong and thin. It only adds like 2-3mm to the gun and hugs it.

Check out this one.
http://pjholster.com/?page_id=27

just got got my shipping notification from PJ for my IWB Shield holster. Ordered back in early Oct, hopefully it'll be here quickly.

Any crossbreed or the likes of it take away from the slim size of the shield/xds, you want the thinnest holster you can find. Not sure of the exact kydex that you have but the one I have for my xds is very strong and thin. It only adds like 2-3mm to the gun and hugs it.

Check out this one.
http://pjholster.com/?page_id=27

just got got my shipping notification from PJ for my IWB Shield holster. Ordered back in early Oct, hopefully it'll be here quickly.

I carry an IWB PJ Holster for my Shield.
Unfortunately I just sent it back to him last week. The hook, where it bends, cracked.
He told me to send it back and he'd send me a new one. I REALLY hope it doesn't take another 8 weeks like the original order did. He told me if I sent $5 with it he'd install a reinforced hook on the next one, so I took him up on that offer.
I'll still recommend his holsters to people, as I love it.

I carry an IWB PJ Holster for my Shield.
Unfortunately I just sent it back to him last week. The hook, where it bends, cracked.
He told me to send it back and he'd send me a new one. I REALLY hope it doesn't take another 8 weeks like the original order did. He told me if I sent $5 with it he'd install a reinforced hook on the next one, so I took him up on that offer.
I'll still recommend his holsters to people, as I love it.

Just got mine in today. Shield fits awesome in it and it appears really well made. I'll give an update on it once I've had a chance to carry with it for a while.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003DVEICE

22 bucks on amazon works great for me

Elite Survival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this one as well, as well as a Comp-Tac Minotaur for my PPS. Typically I carry with the Minotaur, and the Elite is for around the house or for when I make a quick run out somewhere. But the Elite is so quick and easy, it's become more of my mainstay.

I'm currently trying to decide what holster I want for my 3" S&W pro series 1911... And seriously considering getting another Elite for it.

get a hold of travis at Buzzard Bay Tactical. He makes custom kydek OWB, IWB he has many colors, and styles. I just got one for my shield and Love it. Great prices and usually ships a few days after you order. Best of luck

I did really like the N82 Also but decided to try another (as i dont have enough) I will be buying a Desantis Intruder for all my pistols now. Paid 51.00 over at Optics Planet with free shipping. I wear it at 3:30-4 o clock.

Got the better part of a years worth of wear on my N82 and still soft with no edges or stitching showing any breakdown. I have no need to try another brand.[smile]

Greg

n82-1.JPG n82-2.JPG

I did really like the N82 Also but decided to try another (as i dont have enough) I will be buying a Desantis Intruder for all my pistols now. Paid 51.00 over at Optics Planet with free shipping. I wear it at 3:30-4 o clock.

I like the looks of the were the clips are on that holster

I just got an alien gear which I like for the money
My only complaint I wish it sat just a little lower

Back
Top Bottom