Sheet Rubber for Shooting bench

Anyone know where I can find the sheet rubber used to cover outside shooting benches?

Try a feed store or agricultural store and see about matting that used in stalls. Its available in different widths and thicknesses, and either cut lengths or rolls.

You could use a rubber mat intended to be used under a treadmill. They can be found at Dicks sporting goods, Sports authority, maybe even Walmart.

I bought a few matts for under my washer and dryer at a independent appliance store, also see them in resturants and be hind the bars. They are thick and heavy with some give. The ones under my washer/dryer are about 1/2 3/4 thick with softer pleted top. But they are heavy. HEAVY

unless you find a commercial roofing supply house that sells rubber roofing

That or Home Depot or Lowes carries ribbed rubber stair tread/floor matting (it's what I use on my workbenches).

I believe it's 3' wide and is sold by the line foot or in pre-cut packaged rolls (I forget the length).

You can use it ribbed side up (helpful for preventing parts and tools from rolling around), or ribbed side down. Blued carpet tacks can be used to nail it down.

Find some white colored rubber roofing.

I've shot on black rubber roofing covered benches before and they reach temperatures that will produce burns in mid day summer sun.

Contact a few commercial roofers and ask if they can save you a scrap piece from their next job.

Home Cheapo has some roll sheeting that they sell by the foot. The rolls are 5 feet or so wide, and they'll sell you either a roll or by the foot. It's used UNDER shower stalls, and they always have it in the area where they sell the shower units. Might work perfectly for you.

if your looking for something thin just to help preserve the top of the bench than try harvey industries and ask for rubber membrane roofing, fairly cheap and will take a pretty good beating before it needs to be replaced down the road

Back
Top Bottom