Seriously Tactical Solutions?

Treated myself to a set of nice Tac-Sol aluminum MkIII grips for a build I'm working on and they came in today....$80 for grips and they can't include some grip screws?! I know most will just reuse the stock screws and I'm probably overreacting because this is a new build so I don't actually have any screws, but I just feel like if you drop that much on a couple pieces of aluminum they could at least give you some quality screws to attach em with. Ok, I guess I'm done...off to find some screws [angry]

Well if the counterbore or bushing on the grip is a uncommon size that requires a certain size screw head then they probably should, but if it's standard perhaps they figure the customer is going to want their own certain style grip screws? Hey it's custom right.

yea, I have to imagine that there's enough of the MKII/III out there that there's no need to include them....more mad at myself for not thinking of it I guess. Amazon Prime to the rescue, 4 overpriced screws on the way with "free" 2 day shipping. now I just need that damn upper.....

on the plus side the grips look really nice, good machine work and quality anodizing.

Very nice...

I'll see your red and post my wife's blue and silver...

Should have gotten the threaded barrel version. Oh well, next time.

Aloha

Aluma-Grips out of AZ is a fine place to do business with, screws and bushings are extra, but the owner knows you'll need them and mentions the various specs when ordering, he's very helpful without being gougy. I have spoken with him and purchased from him twice in the past and wouldn't hesitate to do further business with him in the future. Less than 2d to my door with the order. He does custom milling as requested also.
His name is Chris, he owns the place. 602-294-2390, mention I referred you, (I get nothing out of it except for fostering his business), Bob Canning from Mass.

Very nice...

I'll see your red and post my wife's blue and silver...

Should have gotten the threaded barrel version. Oh well, next time.

Aloha

I was very tempted to get the blue but on the website it looked more baby blue than the deep blue in your picture so I chickened out and got red [smile]. That blue and silver combo is nice...going to keep that in mind for future builds

I was very tempted to get the blue but on the website it looked more baby blue than the deep blue in your picture so I chickened out and got red [smile]. That blue and silver combo is nice...going to keep that in mind for future builds

uhm, yes, it's more like turquoise shade of mauve

It is a pretty deep blue. Wife loves it. We wanted to use the blue C-More but the color didn't match. I've got a 7 1/4" Trail-lite on my Bookmark.

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom