• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sending a gun to FL, what's involved?

MaxStravinsky

NES Member
I might end up needing to send a gun to Florida, transferring ownership to a FL resident. Anyone ever done this, or know what's involved?

I have an old liberal friend who just this past week decided he needs a gun. He took an intensive, hands-on course last week. Today he went to a shop to buy a Glock and was surprised to find a 'way too long' line. Says he'll go back on Monday when it's less crowded. And then, even if it is, what are the odds of finding the gun he wants and ammo? I figure I might end up sending him something.

The first step is shipping from an FFL, but then what?
thanks for any info.

Aw come on....... he's in the process of becoming a convert. He was initially thinking in that direction, and I gave him several subtle nudges. ie. 'It's all well and good for you to die for your beliefs, but what do you think is going to happen to your wife and daughter once the bad guys have killed you'?

Now he wants to buy a Glock and practice with it once a month, to become proficient, 'just in case'.

Aw come on....... he's in the process of becoming a convert. He was initially thinking in that direction, and I gave him several subtle nudges. ie. 'It's all well and good for you to die for your beliefs, but what do you think is going to happen to your wife and daughter once the bad guys have killed you'?

Now he wants to buy a Glock and practice with it once a month, to become proficient, 'just in case'.
They’ll avenge my death sevenfold.

Tell him he has to vote for Trump and send you a cell phone pic of his ballot or no deal.:)
Legally it has to go through an FFL on his end, and in most cases that FFL would prefer to receive it from an FFL. The cheapest way to send it is probably to go through an FFL here, as they can use the U. S. mail.

Send him a rape whistle! [rofl2]
Mail it to his FFL in the smallest box you can find and put a note in the box saying to transfer it to him in 10 days after he passes the background check![coffee]

The dealer would probably do the transfer for free if he could keep a straight face![smile]

Dam it Max, our making us all soft!
Send him the pistol and hook him up with ammo as well.[cheers]

Have him look at this video, it might help him with his grip.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QhpvY9LZc

Next your going to show him our super secret handshake. I know it!

Tell him he needs to get involved in protecting his rights by joining a group that supports them![thumbsup]

Congrats on helping a friend exercise his 2A rights!
🇺🇸

Find out how he is voting first...tell him to choose wisely, then you might help him, in the meantime, wish him the best of luck. I no longer have sympathy for certain people paying the price for their own mistakes..this includes residents of blue cities that tolerate riots, looting and the like..

Does his FFL accept from individuals? Some FFLs don’t.

if he does, throw in a copy of your DL and ship it to his FFL with his contact info.

To be honest though... I just drop things off at my FFL to ship since it’s cheaper. So that’s my suggestion.

sure he doesn't want to drive across Alligator Alley to exit 101 and purchase a nice Beretta and a gently used Glock 22?

Package deal price $700

The cost to ship it via Fedex/UPS is usually more than having an FFL do it, by a significant margin.

I just shipped a pistol 2nd day air to an FFL in Massachusetts for $22. I’m not sure how it could be significantly less money but ok.

Back
Top Bottom