Sen Schumer is speaking on NICS Bill on the Senate floor

right now. It looks like it is going to move out today and head to the House.

I do not have the specifics and the changes that have been made from the the original bill. It looks like Sen Coburn has lifted his apprehension with the bill.

Both Schumer and Coburn worked on the current language and seem happy with what has been created.

I will have to take a look and get back to see what has changed.

right now. It looks like it is going to move out today and head to the House.

I do not have the specifics and the changes that have been made from the the original bill. It looks like Sen Coburn has lifted his apprehension with the bill.

Both Schumer and Coburn worked on the current language and seem happy with what has been created.

I will have to take a look and get back to see what has changed.
I sincerely wish Senator Schumer a fatal heart attack or a debilitating stroke.

I mean Happy Holidays.

[smile]

This is the NRA's spiel about HR2640...

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=221&issue=018

Is it just me, or is it not readily apparent that this bill
actually DOES anything...?. Which makes me suspicious of it
out of the gate.... especially if "Schoomah" et al. are "happy"
about it. Anything that makes him happy is typically 110%
disturbing to a gun owner.

-Mike

I agree with you Derek.

The NICS bill passed the Senate by unanimous consent.

I still have yet to see what the amendment that has been added actually deals with. I have no problem with adding names of inviduals that are currently prohibited to NICS. The problem right now is the states have no incentive to providing this data and thus these people are still allowed to buy guns.

My concern lies with expanding the prohibited persons through some sort of "medical board." I always have a fear about extending authority to anti-gun professionals (doctors) and allowing them to determine my constitutional right.

Like others here have said I have the same apprehension with the participants involved creating a bad piece of legislation. I think Sen. Coburn was a major help in easing alot of the concerns gun owners had with the first iteration of the NICS improvement. I will have to wait and see what was created in the waning hours of last night and today.

According to Wikipedia, Shumer actually has a CCW permit in NYC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry

That's some serious hypocritical douchebaggery.[

Apparently Diane Swinestine did/does have a CA one, too.

A lot of hollywood liberals are also armed, and a lot of them are
hypocrites, too.

Many antis own guns, and in some cases have even been
convicted or admitted to breaking gun laws (eg, Carol Mosely-Braun, etc. )

Some see you next tuesday in IL:
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-36691.html

There was also a guy (Kaplan?) rated F- by the NRA, who
tried to gun down his ex wife, who was an RKBA supporter...

Apparently its OK for them (the elites) to own guns and
break the laws but us taxpaying peons should not be allowed to have them..... typical BS.

-Mike

Apparently Diane Swinestine did/does have a CA one, too.

A lot of hollywood liberals are also armed, and a lot of them are
hypocrites, too.

Many antis own guns, and in some cases have even been
convicted or admitted to breaking gun laws (eg, Carol Mosely-Braun, etc. )

Some see you next tuesday in IL:
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-36691.html

There was also a guy (Kaplan?) rated F- by the NRA, who
tried to gun down his ex wife, who was an RKBA supporter...

Apparently its OK for them (the elites) to own guns and
break the laws but us taxpaying peons should not be allowed to have them..... typical BS.

-Mike

According to the gun grabbing harpie she no longer has a gun or CCW permit...

Dear Mr. La Porte:

Thank you for writing to me about my permit to carry a concealed weapon. I would like to take this opportunity to set the record straight.

I possessed a concealed weapon permit for a short time beginning in 1976. In the mid-1970s, a terrorist organization -- the New World Liberation daughter's bedroom. It detonated but did not explode. We were lucky: the weather was particularly (and unusually) cold, and the explosive they used didn't explode in below-freezing temperatures. In the second, they shot out the windows of our beach home. My husband was terminally ill with cancer at the time. Later, some of the members of the New World Liberation Front were arrested, and the threat abated.

At that point, I had the gun—and several other weapons that were turned into the police—melted into a cross, which I presented to Pope John Paul II when I visited Rome in 1982.

Currently, I do not possess a gun, nor do I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I hope this addresses what you may have heard on the subject. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

[rolleyes]

http://www.cloud9photography.us/political-op-eds/Dahmen-Feinstein.html

I never heard the Schmuck Schumer one before (having a CCW permit).

schumer.jpg

There was a minor scandal a few years ago when it was revealed that a number of well connected NYC VIPs had obtained permits with little or no problem... Donald Trump, Robert DeNiro, Howard Stern, etc.

Another incident involved a PD official issuing CCW permits to Joe Perry and Steve Tyler in exchange for concert tickets. [angry]

I hate to say it, but cases like that makes me wish that there was some sort of public access/disclosure with regard to whom in MA (Boston and red communities in particular), have been granted special privileges.

Apparently its OK for them (the elites) to own guns and break the laws but us taxpaying peons should not be allowed to have them..... typical BS.
Well, that about sums it up. Weapons limits for citizens have always been about elitism and control of the hoi polloi, from Medieval Britain and Japan through to the present day. Some antis seem to be driven by a desire to disarm people because they wouldn't trust themselves to be armed, and so project their own instability into their view of others; while others simply don't trust others, but do trust themselves, and cloak their elitism in broader social terms.

That`s very interesting. Why hasn`t the NRA or GOA made this public? This would sure show what a hypocrite he and the Kennedy`s are on gun control.

Ted Kennedy doesn't need a CCW, all he needs is a set of car keys.

Back
Top Bottom