• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

semi auto Shotgun question

stinx

NES Member
I just purchased a Benelli M-4. THe gunwill hold 5 shells in the mag and 1 on the carrier. Can I legaly add a folding stock to this weapon as long as the capacity is 5 or less in the mag?

IANAL and I'm too lazy to research this, but I do not believe you can add it. It was always OK to add a folder to a pumpgun even during the AWB, but I don't believe the same is true with semi autos as they don't get that exemption.

But someone will be along shortly to explain the real answer.

Edit: Just read the text of HR 1022 which is very similar to the original AWB and it has nothing that would prohibit this. I do believe MA's AWB was a carbon copy of the original Federal AWB.

That said, wait for more responses.

Last edited:
No... not really... unless you can find a way of having a folding stock without having a pistol grip... [thinking]

`(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
`(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
`(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c103:1:./temp/~c103IMDqvj:e643945:

DOH!

I knew there was a shotgun specific section but couldn't find it.

Necessity is the mother of invention [wink]

The OP doesn't state his residency... but assuming MA, he could find (doubtful), or cobble together a folding thumb hole stock. [smile] [wink]

Back
Top Bottom