SEMA Show

Uncle Buck

NES Member
Western Mass,USA,Planet Earth,Solar System Sun
Just curious as to who might be going to the SEMA show this year. Last time I went was in 2010. Plan on going this year. Signed up but haven't made travel plans yet.
Here's a few pics form 2010. Lot of great cars back then but with the proliferation of car chows and custom builders over the last 10+ years the the show cars should be quite impressive. 2010 SEMA 032.JPG 2010 SEMA 072.JPG 2010 SEMA 102.JPG 2010 SEMA 198.JPG 2010 SEMA 169.JPG

Attachments

• 2010 SEMA 054.JPG
    2010 SEMA 054.JPG
    444.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2010 SEMA 156.JPG
    2010 SEMA 156.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 33
Just curious as to who might be going to the SEMA show this year. Last time I went was in 2010. Plan on going this year. Signed up but haven't made travel plans yet.
Here's a few pics form 2010. Lot of great cars back then but with the proliferation of car chows and custom builders over the last 10+ years the the show cars should be quite impressive.View attachment 526847View attachment 526851View attachment 526854View attachment 526855View attachment 526856
Falken A

What is it?

Where is it?

How much to get in?

I'm surprised you're asking these questions now.
I created four other threads here about SEMA since 2009, all have the name "SEMA" in the title, how did you manage to miss them all ???
You can do a title search for them, the threads still exist, but most of the pics I posted have disappeared.
My last trip there was in 2015, that's when Dave Kindig debuted the Copper Caddy, I met Dave in person, saw the car up-close and snapped some pics.

Check out this link
Only people in the automotive or powersports business are allowed to attend.

I'm surprised you're asking these questions now.
I created four other threads here about SEMA since 2009, all have the name "SEMA" in the title, how did you manage to miss them all ???
You can do a title search for them, the threads still exist, but most of the pics I posted have disappeared.
My last trip there was in 2015, that's when Dave Kindig debuted the Copper Caddy, I met Dave in person, saw the car up-close and snapped some pics.
Wow!

I'm sure I saw those links in prior years if there were cool pictures.

Looks cool.

I hope you have an awesome time Uncle Buck!

It's coming up soon.

It would help my brain and memory to know what SEMA stands for.

No clue on the website! 🧐

I've never been to the SHOT Show but since the word "SHOT" is related to guns - I don't have to decipher and acronyms.

SEMA = Specialty Equipment Market Association
Worst acronym ever.

They should have hired somebody with a degree in marketing to name this expo.

Now it's too late and nobody remembers the name after all these years.

Here is an example of a good acronym:

HOG

Harley Owners Group.

See how memorable and suiting that is?

Check out this link
Only people in the automotive or powersports business are allowed to attend.
Yeah, I went a few times... I sold car accessories on ebay.
I had a 'business name' and tax ID # so I could buy the parts from suppliers.
That was all I needed to get tickets. Real stringent.

Worst acronym ever.

HOG

Harley Owners Group.

People in the industry know what it is. They're the only people who really need to.

Given her chest size, she better sell Sukkan auto parts as well or she won't have a job on the showroom floor for long. ;)

Worst acronym ever.

HOG

Harley Owners Group.

Oh stop. All they forgot to adding Nortomerico at the end. LOL.

I'm too $ focused. I look at all the custom this and special that and think, "Wow, that guy spent $100,000 to make a $30,000 car."

Hell, I felt that way when I used to get my uncle's old Hot Rod mags back in the late 70's. I'd flip thru it and wonder, "but when you're done with it, then what?" I was, like, 10. LOL

I guess I'm a cheapskate at heart. ROFL!!!

If you have SEMA creds and like Cigars, one fun thing is the Big Smoke is right after it time wise (November 5-6) great time to be in vegas. Usually the
cigar guys will start coming into town around weds or thursday etc.

ETA: And no, its not as cool as something like IPCPR etc but most people don't have creds for that sort of thing, and you still get to talk to vendors and stuff if you hang out in the right
places.

Also historically the weather in MA is starting to deteriorate that week, So its a great time to get out there. Very underrated.

I keep thinking about it...started to prep for tech then got distracted. (May have literally been squirrel)
My sole constructive input on the topic.

If you're not a book learner (NTTAWWT),
or are tempted by non-ARRL products (NTTAWWT),
then I got nawthin' to contribute to the conversation.

Well, strictly speaking I also have good things to say
about the cadre of instructors at Framingham -
having personally seen them in action in Spring '06.
But they were last seen being on hiatus.

Worst acronym ever.

HOG

Harley Owners Group.

Well, let's see: one is a group of consumers, which can be joined by anyone.

The other is an industry group limited to those in the industry, and well respected by the community they serve.

My late brother-in-law was awarded SEMA "Manufacturer of the Year". He also held NSRA membership number 0001. (Oh, wait... if that's too obscure for you, NSRA is the National Street Rod Association.)

Now, Reptilians Against Penetrating Everyone would be a horrible acronym.

The other is an industry group limited to those in the industry, and well respected by the community they serve.

My late brother-in-law was awarded SEMA "Manufacturer of the Year". He also held NSRA membership number 0001. (Oh, wait... if that's too obscure for you, NSRA is the National Street Rod Association.)

View: https://youtu.be/zIPKyuvtfc4

[rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqLwqpCQhQ

Back
Top Bottom