• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

selling non-MA-compliant pistols out of state

I inherited a couple of old pistols, they are not on the MA lists and don't have a lot of value either.
So I am wondering, if I were to put them on an auction site, will a MA FFL ship them out of state for me?
Bill

They do not have to be on any "list" for private sale.

If you have a LTC you can sell them face to face on a FA-10

For the sake of discussion what are they?

Once you see what 2 FFL's being involved plus shipping are going to cost you chances are you'll think twice about going that route

If you sell them to someone in NH you can bring them to a FFL up here yourself for transfer.

You could put them on consignment at a dealer too.

Last edited:
They do not have to be on any "list" for private sale.

If you have a LTC you can sell them face to face on a FA-10

For the sake of discussion what are they?

Once you see what 2 FFL's being involved plus shipping are going to cost you chances are you'll think twice about going that route

If you sell them to someone in NH you can bring them to a FFL up here yourself for transfer.

You could put them on consignment at a dealer too.

Ruger Mark I and a S&W 39-2 (alloy frame). But they aren't for sale yet either.
I see plenty of firearms on the auction sites in MA, but wanted to confirm a FFL will ship them out of state?

Bill

There is nothing keeping a MA licensed FFL from shipping any gun out of state to another FFL. There are dealers in MA that regularly display guns mere mortals can't buy from them because they are willing to send them out of state to another FFL.

Sell them in state on a FA-10 and save some money

Back
Top Bottom