Seecamp

WMD

I was thinking of getting a used Seecamp from out of state. Since its on the list does it mean if it was manufactured before 10/98 it's okay to transfer into MAthrough an FFL. Does the fact that there is a specific MA compliant model change anything?

I know nothing of Seecamps, so I can only give generic info.

- If it is on the EOPS List, but not AG compliant, the rules are the same as for Glocks. OK if MADE before 10/21/98, regardless of where the gun resides. Just find a friendly FFL that will do the transfer to you in MA.

- If it is on the EOPS List AND AG-compliant, buy it anywhere and any FFL should do the deal for you.

- If the PRECISE Model No is NOT on the EOPS List, it is NOT MA Compliant and must have been IN MA on 10/21/98 for you to be able to buy thru an FFL. Otherwise it needs to be a FTF MA Resident to MA Resident transaction only.

Hope that covers it.

I have one of the Mass. seecamps. It has the words "California Edition" on
the side. This refers to the (crappy) safety. I would assume that this
implies a specific model which you will need to have.

F

firtree said:
I have one of the Mass. seecamps. It has the words "California Edition" on
the side. This refers to the (crappy) safety. I would assume that this
implies a specific model which you will need to have.

F
And as BAD as Calif is, believe it or not, they have a much wider selection of handguns available to purchase than we do in the PRM. Amazing.

Pretty predictable, actually. (1) California is a much bigger market, so manufacturers are more willing to jump through the hoops to get on their approved list. (2) Once on the list, there's no AG with a secret list waiting to pounce.

Ken

I have a "California Edition" Seecamp LWS .32. I'm not sure if this gun was available prior to 10/1998 but there's really no need to look for an old one, IMO, because the safety is pretty benign. Unfortunately, the Seecamp you really want, the ever-so-slightly larger one that takes .380 ammo, was introduced post-1998 and is not yet available in a "California Edition" model.

It has already been stated, but you want the version that says California Edition. That one is Mass legal and can be transferred from out of state. Although, it is $100 more than the regular version, so you would almost be better off just picking one up at a gun shop. No shipping and transfer fees added..

Marcus in the Darkus said:
I have a "California Edition" Seecamp LWS .32. I'm not sure if this gun was available prior to 10/1998 but there's really no need to look for an old one, IMO, because the safety is pretty benign. Unfortunately, the Seecamp you really want, the ever-so-slightly larger one that takes .380 ammo, was introduced post-1998 and is not yet available in a "California Edition" model.

Seecamp tells me that they're working on getting the .380 approved in MA. [smile]

I have the LWS .32 and it is a thing of beauty.

"(1) California is a much bigger market, so manufacturers are more willing to jump through the hoops to get on their approved list."

California IS a huge market, making the costs of certification recoverable. Note also that much of the California test procedure is accepted for Mass. certification.

"(2) Once on the list, there's no AG with a secret list waiting to pounce."

Once again, THERE IS NO AG LIST. Period. Never was, nor do I expect there to be while Reilly and his ilk occupy the office.

What California DOES have is an ANNUAL test requirement. That's right, certification requires paying the same lab to destroy the same guns each and every year. At least Mass. certification, once achieved, is permanent.

Scrivener said:
"(2) Once on the list, there's no AG with a secret list waiting to pounce."

Once again, THERE IS NO AG LIST. Period. Never was, nor do I expect there to be while Reilly and his ilk occupy the office.

Maybe you should get a dictionary (the one where you found "sic" should do nicely) and look up the meaning of the word "secret".
[slap]

Ken

"Maybe you should get a dictionary (the one where you found "sic" should do nicely) and look up the meaning of the word 'secret'."

Maybe you can reveal the divine inspiration upon which you base your utterly undocumented assertion that there is a "secret list."

We're waiting with bated breath.......

Scrivener, read between the lines!!

We use terms like "secret list" wrt to the AG sarcastically, meaning that ONLY HE knows what he'll accept or not!

I know that lawyers and engineers ("I are one") like to take things literally, but sometimes even we need to lighten up a bit and toss some sarcastic remark that might not read correctly if one were to interpret it literally.

Len;

I see your point. I also see vast quantities of misinformation on forums, including this one. Makes it very hard, especially for newcomers, to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

I therefore tend the challenge the latter, as BS is always a surplus commodity.

Hey, do you have some actual documentary evidence to support the conclusion that Tom-who-would-be-Governor doesn't have a secret list, scrawled in crayon on the back of an old Burger King wrapper and stuck to his refrigerator door with a souvenir magnet from Toledo, or are you just guessing? [wink]

Ken

No guessing here! I have it on the highest authority - Umbrella Man and The Second Gunman told me. We were on The Grassy Knoll with The Girl in the Polka Dot Dress, but she had to leave early to catch her flight back to Area 51...............

Scrivener said:
No guessing here! I have it on the highest authority - Umbrella Man and The Second Gunman told me. We were on The Grassy Knoll with The Girl in the Polka Dot Dress, but she had to leave early to catch her flight back to Area 51...............

Well THAT explains why she disappeared.

Lynne said:
Well THAT explains why she disappeared.

All very hush-hush, but she deployed with Seal Team 6 in a ComForcOp with The Unit..............

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Marcus in the Darkus said:

I have the .32 & it's a nice little pocket gun. If I'm not mistaken, the .380 is exactly the same size as the other Seecamps, with the only internal difference being the larger bore. Too bad we're in PRM. [frown]

Back
Top Bottom