Search Broken

I'm getting an error

expected searchd protocol version 1+, got version '0'

When using the search function. I tried this in both Firearms Accessories (Classifieds Section) and in the NES Members Forum. Haven't tried other sub forums yet. I'm using the quick search drop down, not the search box (found in the top right).

I don't think it works on the NES members section, since it's private.

Exactly. Needed to search one of the members sections last night and it doesn't work on Google. Other than that the Google search is typically much better than the forum search.

Troubleshooting some lingering issues from the move the other day. Will have this running normally soon.

I just got this error as well. Further, the site has been a bit flaky for a few days. It might be time to yell at the hosting provider. Good luck.

I just got this error as well. Further, the site has been a bit flaky for a few days. It might be time to yell at the hosting provider. Good luck.

Search is fixed, again. I'm still trying to isolate and track down this problem.

Define flaky? I haven't observed any other oddities.

Define flaky? I haven't observed any other oddities.

Occasionally I'll click on something and the browser will time out before anything on the page is rendered. This seems to happen more when I click on the link in an email notification. I'll try to grab an error code next time it happens. So far I haven't seen this today though.

Occasionally I'll click on something and the browser will time out before anything on the page is rendered. This seems to happen more when I click on the link in an email notification. I'll try to grab an error code next time it happens. So far I haven't seen this today though.

Alright, let me know. I'm 99% certain I just solved the search issue finally. This might have been causing some of the other issues you were seeing.

Ok, it just happened and Chrome gave me this:

Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

I wasn't able to open up the web inspector to get something more useful but it looks like occasional network timeouts and I'm not even getting to the web server. I'll report back if I can get something more.

Ok, it just happened and Chrome gave me this:

Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

I wasn't able to open up the web inspector to get something more useful but it looks like occasional network timeouts and I'm not even getting to the web server. I'll report back if I can get something more.

This is one that I'm trying to narrow down still. I will update if I get anywhere after looking at it tonight.

Off topic, but didn't want to start another thread.

Why does the site lag sometimes, and time out?? It just started happening a week or so ago to me. Click on something like 'private messages' and it takes 5 minutes to actually go there. Then 500 other times you click on it, no issue at all.

Off topic, but didn't want to start another thread.

Why does the site lag sometimes, and time out?? It just started happening a week or so ago to me. Click on something like 'private messages' and it takes 5 minutes to actually go there. Then 500 other times you click on it, no issue at all.
I've had delays too, thinking it was My laptop ? Just recently.

Still trying to narrow that problem down - it's been a bit harder to trace than the rest.

Exactly. Needed to search one of the members sections last night and it doesn't work on Google. Other than that the Google search is typically much better than the forum search.

yep. drgrant has said this again and again, I guess people don't listen. I find it impossible to find classifieds on the NES search. With Google it takes seconds.

Do me a favor and let me know the next couple times this happens - time and what error specifically you are getting.

The connection has timed out

The server at Northeastshooters.com - Frontpage News is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Not sure if this is me or this site, but every time this site takes a long time to load, I get this message. This is the only site I have trouble with. Nothing else.

Could those of you that notice the problem please note the time and post here? I recognize that there is a problem, but tracking it down is extremely difficult as there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern.

Thanks. Keep them coming - the more data points I get, the further I can narrow this down. At this point, I'm trying to figure out if it only impacts one user at a time, or the entire site....

Not sure if you fixed it, or if it was just me, but I haven't had the problem in a few days.

Of course, now that I said that, it will happen in 5 minutes. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom