Scored a Finn M91 today

Soxfan9

NES Member
I happened upon this at Strickland and Sons today. VKT 1942 marked barrell. Shiny bore, tight muzzle. I could not pass this one up. The pic doesnt do her justice. Nice honest wear, and has the look that it has been together for a long time. How did I do for $85?
IMG_0233.jpg

Put it this way... its terrible. You way overpaid for that chunk of iron and wood, and for condolences of you getting ripped off so severely, i'll offer you $100 for your rifle and your troubles. [wink]
Actually you did damn good and you should be glad the seller didn't know the true value for such a rifle.
I've been meaning to stop by there for some time now since its not far from me. It'd be in my Finn safe right now if I had seen it first.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Put it this way... its terrible. You way overpaid for that chunk of iron and wood, and for condolences of you getting ripped off so severely, i'll offer you $100 for your rifle and your troubles. [wink]
Actually you did damn good and you should be glad the seller didn't know the true value for such a rifle.
I've been meaning to stop by there for some time now since its not far from me. It'd be in my Finn safe right now if I had seen it first.

Good god, he's got safes, according to milsurp make.[rockon]

Milsurps 4 Me said:

[laugh] Good one.

Absolutely a great find & Buy!! Cograts on that beauty! i had my Finn-39
out this afternoon, and i know it will start a debate BUT i use .308Dia
bullets in Finn Guns and get 2min,s @100yds also i saw a guy shoot a
187-2x at 200 yds last Sunday at Woburn Spt,s Club useing .308 blt,s
in his Finn M-91
and he will be shooting it again this Sunday! so if you reload, give it a
try!! i know, i know this will start a debate. anyway good luck with that
superb rifle S.D.

That may not be an M91. My M24 looks identical. Check out exactly what it is on http://7.62x54r.net/.

Regardless of which model it is, as I know it, Finn's are worth at least $200 if they're in reasonable shape. That's anything above poor. So, you got a good deal.

Nickle said:
That may not be an M91. My M24 looks identical. Check out exactly what it is on http://7.62x54r.net/.

Regardless of which model it is, as I know it, Finn's are worth at least $200 if they're in reasonable shape. That's anything above poor. So, you got a good deal.

According to that site, all M24's have German made barrels. Mine is a VKT. All of the other parts look like they could be M24 or M91. These are very interesting rifles. I will be looking for more. The M39 looks really nice.

Here is another / better pic. Anyone have any leads on a sling that will fit those swivels? Do I need to find swivels also?

IMG_0239.jpg

Soxfan9 said:
According to that site, all M24's have German made barrels. Mine is a VKT. All of the other parts look like they could be M24 or M91. These are very interesting rifles. I will be looking for more. The M39 looks really nice.

Actually, they're SIG (Swiss, by definition) or Borsig (German) on the M24.

I just checked out the site, it did say that. They don't allow for rebarreling, though.

I'll have to do some research on the sling. When I find 2 of them, I'll let you know, since I need one myself, my M24 needs one, and my M28 might as well.

Nickle said:
Actually, they're SIG (Swiss, by definition) or Borsig (German) on the M24.

I just checked out the site, it did say that. They don't allow for rebarreling, though.

I'll have to do some research on the sling. When I find 2 of them, I'll let you know, since I need one myself, my M24 needs one, and my M28 might as well.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom