• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Schools Lockdown, Police Called over... Civil War Re-Enactor w Long Rifle

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
As someone who's done this very type of thing (teaching school kids about American history, in period clothing, holding a musket), the thought that SWAT might be called by a well intentioned idiot is always in the back of my mind. You just expect that type of thing here, not in that part of Virginia.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9044419/civil-war-re-enactor-causes-lockdown-at-schools

BRISTOL, Va. — A report of a man with a gun sent two school campuses into alert mode Tuesday morning, but the man turned out to be a Civil War re-enactor carrying a long rifle for a presentation...brought a long rifle to show the class and was probably seen leaving as he carried that rifle, police said. Both schools canceled their alerts and resumed normal operations.

Not a surprise that that happened, hopefully they didn't give the guy a hard time. BUT, it wouldn't have been a horrible idea to at least have the musket in a case? It would be horrible if some school security officer/neighborhood watchmen... shot him by accident.

this whole thing is getting ridiculous, my high school had a gun range built into the basement. We shot .22 all the time on it

My brother-in-law was on his school rifle team and brought his .22 rifle to school on the bus and kept it in his locker. No one blinked an eye. He is 70 now. I don't like how this world has changed.

Just think...when I was in high school my teacher brought in about 5 ww2 rifles n several pistols into class one day to show us...then later he demonstrated how to use a smoke grenade out behind the school...you gotta love private schools hahahaha

Come On guys its for the children ! Do you know how many Drive Bys are done with Muskets ? Safety First you never know when a horse and wagon might roll up on you with colonial gangbangers in it armed to the teeth with Brown Besses and start some trouble.

Back
Top Bottom