Scarborough Plans

PatMcD

NES Member
I just got a look at the range expansion plans for the Scarborough, ME club. That is going to be great when it finally gets completed! Finally a 600yd range with pits less than an hour from my house. Was told all the fill from the new Cabela's is going to be used at no cost. Maybe CDKayak can fill us in a few more details.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once it does get completed, there will be a few more OTC matches and a few less "hose-bullets-at-sillouettes" games.

At this point I don't really have any more info than you. It's only waiting on a few sign-offs related to Cabela's & things look good to go. I'm also happy about having a 600 close by, especially since I drive right past the range on my way home from work now.[grin] I'll finally be able to get some practice on the 6oo line & not just shoot it during matches.

As I get details I'll pass them along. I'll also try to get some pics as things progress.

It will be nice to have them go to a 600 yard range. That will put four within an hours drive of the house.

I didn't know Cabelas was planning a store up in that area.

Hey CD, heading back to NJ next week...Need anything? Maybe a few hotdogs from Rutts?????

I just got a look at the range expansion plans for the Scarborough, ME club. That is going to be great when it finally gets completed! Finally a 600yd range with pits less than an hour from my house. Was told all the fill from the new Cabela's is going to be used at no cost. Maybe CDKayak can fill us in a few more details.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once it does get completed, there will be a few more OTC matches and a few less "hose-bullets-at-sillouettes" games.

You guys should really look into hosting the NRA Regional when it is done. Let me know if anyone needs help.

B

It will be nice to have them go to a 600 yard range. That will put four within an hours drive of the house.

I didn't know Cabelas was planning a store up in that area.

Hey CD, heading back to NJ next week...Need anything? Maybe a few hotdogs from Rutts?????

Cabelas is supposed to be going in on the Haggis Pkwy. The Scarborough exit that used to be exit 6.(I don't recall the new exit number)

Thanks for the offer[grin] , but I'm heading down this weekend as well. Heading into the city for the St. Pat's parade with my family.

My wife always spend the day in NYC during St. Pat's but she worked in the city. I never had the patience for that. I did have a great St. Pats in Dublin a few years back. That's the way to celebrate the holiday....

An update on Cabela's:
Cabela's Project Given Green Light

That means things should be good to go for the range expansion. I won't be at Scarborough's meeting tonight, but I should get some info shortly.

rscalzo, We usually march in the parade with my Mother's County, Tyrone. It's a fun time to get everyone from the family together for the weekend. This is the first time both of my nephews will be marching.

Scarborough's Gun Club.

What does it cost to join Scarborough's ? Do they have a website?

Im a member at York County Fish & Game (Nice club)
and Camp Ellis Rod & Gun ( ITs a handy Sandpit with no events)

Capt Walt

Is the work on the indoor range still underway? Is it still limited to .38 or smaller, no jackets?

ANy Members of Scarbourgh,ME Rod & Gun

ANy Members of Scarbourgh,ME Rod & Gun willing to Sponsor a new member?

I just brough my boy over to the York County Fish & Game club to shoot his .22 and get some practice in for Moose Season. He was bummed. The rifle range was closed due to a plate shoot and the pistol ranges are out of commision.

Now; I like Plate shooting as much as the next guy, however my time is limited to get to the range and

The Camp Ellis Gun Range just dont cut it (Half the time you cant drive thru the gate as some idot parks accross it blocking the access; Next time. Hello TOW TRUCK!).

So.. Being that I love sporting Clays and would most likely use the Scarborough range more anyway, I just looked at the web site to join.

Looks like I need a Sponsor. Any Vollunteers?

Capt Walt
Master Maine Guide
Saco, ME

Last edited:
Scarborough Fish & Game Assn Inc.,

I just went over to the Scarborough Fish & Game Assn Inc., to take a look around.

Lots of Bull Dozers pushing dirt around. Lots of little sand berm ranges for pistol? Rifle and the whole place looks like it is undergoing a major construction project. Might be nice when its finished

There was no shooting going on while I was there and the ranges were closed.

Capt walt

Here is link to the construction updates from the website.
http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ConstructionUpdate

There are a lot of changes taking place there this summer. I haven't shot there since the 400 yard range closed, but I have taken a couple of rides through on my way home from work to see the progress.

If you are interested in joining, you can download the application from the website & show up at the next meeting. If you don't have a sponsor they will find someone who can help you out. I can't make the next several meetings so I won't be able to sponsor anyone for a while.

Back
Top Bottom