Scammers in Norwood area

Fixxah

NES Member
View attachment 3368

View attachment 3369I would never suggest to a LEO that he run a plate as this would be illegal, but this asshat has been driving around surrounding area trying to sell "surround sound systems" which are a box of rocks.

Never got to check out the goods but the two individuals in vehicle approached me across the street from Norwood PD and [STRIKE]I flipped them the bird[/STRIKE] I waved and wished them well.

I happened to follow them for a couple of miles and my camera must have been on since there were a couple of pics on it that surprised me. These guys were selling the same stuff out of a white Dodge van not too long ago.

Again, this is only heresay.[wink]

Last edited:
I used to work out there. Shit never changes... you'll always find a leech or two scamming in the parking lot of the home depot that was in the picture.

saw those same two guys in foxboro and raynham!, i work in norwood! they get around. They became very hostile with me in foxboro becouse i mentioned i had already seen them before. This dates back to about 2 years ago!

I bought two pair of speaks from a white van like 5 years ago. $100. They were really good speakers IMO.

do you want me to run the plates for u tomorrow? I can get the home address for you. show up with a handful of rocks and ask for a refund. I know you didn't fall for their scam however nothing saying you can't try to scam a scammer...[smile]

I got hit up by the same thing at least thirty years ago I think in Indianapolis.
I had sense enough to walk away.

I wish I had sense enough to walk away from the other 50 stupid moves in my life[wink]

[laugh2]

On brother.. am I there with you on that!

And "back in my day", we had guys selling TVs out of their trunks NIB... and people were surprised they were old/broken/etc. [rolleyes]

Believe it or not, some of these guys are "legitimate". They are licensed and check in at the police station. We had them around a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't seen that one in a good 10 years. They approached me at supermarket parking lot in Wayland. I called the police.

saw those same two guys in foxboro and raynham!, i work in norwood! they get around. They became very hostile with me in foxboro becouse i mentioned i had already seen them before. This dates back to about 2 years ago!

cant wait till they try this with a LEO...

do you want me to run the plates for u tomorrow? I can get the home address for you. show up with a handful of rocks and ask for a refund. I know you didn't fall for their scam however nothing saying you can't try to scam a scammer...[smile]

dont get caught running those plates.. [grin]

I had one of those vans pull up near me one evening at a Metro-West shopping center last winter, just before Christmas. My common sense said "take off", but when they started talking about how they could sell me "$3000 worth of home theater equipment at a huge discount", I just had to look. I certainly had no intention of buying anything, but I got a good chuckle out of the cheesy Chinese packaging. This clearly wasn't a case of stolen goods or counterfeit name-brand electronics... anyone with any sense could tell it was sub-consumer-grade Asian imports. They came across as nice enough guys (for junk peddlers), and while I certainly wouldn't buy any of it, I can't begrudge them for trying to turn a profit. It's a free market.

There is a company (I forget the name) that is a legitimate company in Massachusetts that sells this stuff. I know someone's son that worked for them. Well sort of. They are all "independant contractors".

So this is how it works:

The owner has a shop that is basically a small warehouse. In this warehouse he stores off brand electronic equipment. The Sub Contractors come in each day and buy the stuff from him for a "discounted" rate. They also can rent a van or truck from him.

They then go around soliciting people to see if they want to buy it. What they really are doing is playing on people thinking they are buying stolen stuff. The stuff isn't stolen and really isn't a bargain because you can't find it anywhere for 3000.00. It is only sold by people soliciting.

Some of them actually go to the police station and register as solicitors if the town's laws make them. Some don't. Some of the guys selling try to skirt around it and not check in.

Either way the stuff is not high end, it's not a bargain price and it's not stolen. It's just off brand stuff being sold in a different way. The moral is just like it has always been. Don't buy stuff off the back of the truck :)

The biggest scam is what the owner is doing to these kids. If they don't sell what they bought that day, they get penalized and lose money.

They actually had the nerve to approach me in my driveway one day while is was working on my boat.They would only show me the "Display" model but assured me that all the boxes had the same thing. I sent them up the street to sell to a neighbor that Really wanted one. I did not tell them he was a local PO. never followed up on that

dont get caught running those plates.. [grin]

There's nothing against the law about running a plate. I think it's like $5 at the RMV and they'll give you all the information. From a LE standpoint, it's considered in "plain view", therefor there's no constitutional right to privacy anymore, so cops can run your plates at will right now. You used to have to have a reason (violation of the auto laws, investigative, etc...) to run them but not anymore.

You used to have to have a reason (violation of the auto laws, investigative, etc...) to run them but not anymore.

Although not illegal per se. It is a violation of CJIS policy to run a vehicle reg without a legitimate reason. Violating this will result in a loss of CJIS privileges to the agency and/or LEO.

Although not illegal per se. It is a violation of CJIS policy to run a vehicle reg without a legitimate reason. Violating this will result in a loss of CJIS privileges to the agency and/or LEO.

I don't think they enforce that. If they did, every department that wins a case on that "plain view stop" would be shut out. Besides, a "legitimate reason" can be anything... I'm sure they might have a problem with "I saw it on the internet" but suspicion of unlawful design (selling stolen goods) sounds legitimate enough to me.[wink]

There's nothing against the law about running a plate. I think it's like $5 at the RMV and they'll give you all the information. From a LE standpoint, it's considered in "plain view", therefor there's no constitutional right to privacy anymore, so cops can run your plates at will right now. You used to have to have a reason (violation of the auto laws, investigative, etc...) to run them but not anymore.

my point is if your a leo and your on here, and say your on duty one day and saw this post. You cant just run this plate because you saw it here on the internet.

This happened to me a couple days ago in Amesbury at the gas station. Dude was driving a shitty dark green Dodge Dakota that looked like Burt Reynolds had taken it for a crash test.

The guy pulled up to me while I was pumping gas and asked me if I wanted a surround system, I said no, he said; "Doesn't everybody want a surround system?" and I said, "No, in fact I don't f***ing care about music" (a lie, but had to get him away, felt uncomfortable). He scoped out the rest of the patrons, must have concluded none fit the profile and drove off.

Just seemed fishy and I don't think he was sporting a license from the town.

^^^ when you are in the crusier you have to enter a code into your laptop to run a plate, ie. personal information. and this is recorded everytime you run a plate.

Back
Top Bottom