SBR quick question

Hello everyone.

I have searched and not found the answer so I will post to all my NES'er brothers for assistance.

I currently own a post ban AR, with a 16 barrel that is mass compliant (-- no lug, compliant break/flash suppressor.)

I want to get a SBR AR I am in the process of starting the paperwork.

Can I use my lower receiver for both the 16 inch set up and the SBR set up?

It would save me from spending the $ on another AR Lower.

I was thinking of just using the same lower for 2 different weapon platforms (2 different uppers 1ea 16" and 1ea 7.5-10.5")

I know I would have to have the lower engraved and I am aware of the transport laws that would come into play if I were to transport the SBR across state lines.

But if the weapon was back in the 16 inch mode would I still have to deal with contacting the AFT if I was going across state lines?

I would think yes since it is the lowers that is registered.

I am thinking it would be a lot easier and less hassle in getting a new dedicated lower for the SBR project. Thoughts?

Thanks
Bruce

Not a Lawyer, but it is my understanding that once it is Reg as a SBR it is a SBR unless it is removed from the NFA registry. So no matter what upper you had on it, you will still need to get the 5320 to travel with the SBR.

Not a Lawyer, but it is my understanding that once it is Reg as a SBR it is a SBR unless it is removed from the NFA registry. So no matter what upper you had on it, you will still need to get the 5320 to travel with the SBR.

+2.

FWIW, some folks don't know that you CAN have multiple 5320s
filed at once, for more than one location, up to a year. So you
could cover multiple states easily by sending the forms in every
year. A lot of people do this and the ATF does not give them
any flack about it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom