Say hello to my leetle friend...

Okay, maybe it's not so little, but I just HAD to use that title...

Here's my Winchester 1300 12 gauge, box-stock except for the 3-shot extension:

Winchester130012gauge.jpg

UPDATE 8/21/06: I found a picture of the gun in original condition:

Beforemods.jpg

And here's the same 1300 with pistol grips fore and aft, as well as a (cheap) fiber optic sight (that doesn't really show up too well in this shot, but what do you want for nuthin'?):

Pistolgrips007.jpg

Nice and eeeeevil. Just how I like 'em... [devil]

UPDATE 8/21/06: Here's another shot with a little better lighting:

Pistolgrips002.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm mag extension and comfy grips.[thinking] I may have to do some shopping.
Heres my lil' buddy, a Mossberg 500 "cruiser" still in original factory configuration as when I bought it. Coupled up with my Glock 23 they make the ideal home defense. [wink]

a800b904.jpg

Yes, everyone needs a black tactical shotgun.

I had a Mossberg 500 Persuader as well, I tried to fire one handed with a 3" Mag rifled slug. I'll not buy another 12 gauge with a pistol grip.

Heres where I drift into that grey area of off topic.[smile]
Since I originally bought the shotgun with a pistol grip, is it legal to add a top folding, or retractable AR style stock?

Thanks everyone. I've more or less been playing with this one, adding (and subtracting) the miscellaneous pieces as the whim strikes. I thought it would be neat to take a pic with all the mods on it at once.

I've fired it plenty with the pistol grip on, BUT only 7½ birdshot. Haven't been brave enough to try buckshot or slugs yet, although I might try with the forend pistol grip.

I'm kinda thinking about adding a sling and a heatshield with ghost ring sights and leaving this as a SHTF gun, then buying a Rem 870 with wood furniture as a house gun. Not sure I'd want to be the test case if I needed to use it on a goblin and have some overzealous MA DA holding up my "Streetsweeper of Death" in front of a jury of MAholes...

Milsurps4Me, I believe that a pump-action shotgun can have any sort of stock/grip/etc. you can put on it - the "Assault Weapons" ban that was extended in MA specifically excluded pump-action. I asked about this quite some time ago because of the above mods (extended tube, foreward pistol grip, etc.). Your mileage may vary, I am not a lawyer, see your doctor before using, etc. [smile]

Thanks everyone. I've more or less been playing with this one, adding (and subtracting) the miscellaneous pieces as the whim strikes. I thought it would be neat to take a pic with all the mods on it at once.

I've fired it plenty with the pistol grip on, BUT only 7½ birdshot. Haven't been brave enough to try buckshot or slugs yet, although I might try with the forend pistol grip.

I'm kinda thinking about adding a sling and a heatshield with ghost ring sights and leaving this as a SHTF gun, then buying a Rem 870 with wood furniture as a house gun. Not sure I'd want to be the test case if I needed to use it on a goblin and have some overzealous MA DA holding up my "Streetsweeper of Death" in front of a jury of MAholes...

Milsurps4Me, I believe that a pump-action shotgun can have any sort of stock/grip/etc. you can put on it - the "Assault Weapons" ban that was extended in MA specifically excluded pump-action. I asked about this quite some time ago because of the above mods (extended tube, foreward pistol grip, etc.). Your mileage may vary, I am not a lawyer, see your doctor before using, etc. [smile]

That's pretty nice looking. I'd been thinking about picking up a tactical style shotgun from time to time, but then (as usually the case), I find myself buying some other firearm that I had wanted even more.

Have you considered adding a Surefire to it? A bit expensive, but it's a practical addition for any SHTF or house gun.

And yep, a folding/collapsible stock is perfectly legal on a pump action shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom