74 Monadnock Highway, North Swanzey, New Hampshire 03431

Store Hours:
Monday & Tuesday 9:00 - 6:00
Wednesday - Friday 9:00 - 9:00
Saturday 9:00 - 6:00
Sundays 10:00 - 5:00

Telephone Number:
603-352-6200

I'm kinda surprised at not finding this place listed here, but Sam's is not a dedicated gun store. They do however have a reasonable selection of new long arms and ammo in stock. (No used firearms though.)

I used to wonder how they could stay in business with both a Wal-Mart and a Dick's Sporting Goods just up the road from them.

Then I went in one day a while back. This is a good sized store and it is literally stuffed to the rafters with a wide variety of outdoor related products.

I've been to the Sam's in Keene several times since and was there again today looking for a sleeping bag as I'll be camping out for the upcoming Proctor VT Appleseed.

I had resigned myself to buying an extra long (and overpriced) sleeping bag on the interweb, I'm 6'7" and finding certain items can be a PIA for me. I was prepared to shell out $200.00 for something suitable, but the tightwad in me wanted to try and find something less expensive.

While I was perusing the rack of sleeping bags I noticed one bag grazing the floor and as they are hanging from about 8 feet up and I thought it would be a good choice. With the assistance of a staff member I was able to lay the bag out on the floor and wiggle my extra large self into it. I managed to get it zipped all the way up from the inside and then proceeded to turn and twist checking to see how much room I had. Perfect fit. [grin]

I bought the Slunberjack Esplanade, rated down to zero degrees.

Wound up spending a heckofa lot less than I planned as well. [smile]

There is a big section of fishing equipment, backpacking equipment, clothing & footwear as well.

There is a really good inventory of air guns and wrist rockets for the kids and you'll find several kinds of pepper spray up front at the register.

Their staff is rather helpful as well. I wound up chatting away with the fellow who helped me and came dangerously close to coming home with a new muzzle loader. [shocked] Mrs Twigg would've hit me over the head with it if I did though, so I'll have to wait on that one.

However I did manage have the staff agree to hand out some flyers I made for the upcoming Appleseed shoot to be held at Winchendon R&G in October. [smile]

Stop in and pick up a flyer at the firearms counter in the back.

Back
Top Bottom