Salem, NH

My wife and I applied for CCW at the Salem PD. Less the 8 business days and they were in. Not sure what everyone else's experience is but I have nothing but good experiences with my PD.

Let me get this straight - If you decided one day that a LTC would be nice, you could just head on over to the Police Station, and have a License CC in EIGHT DAYS ?

NH is good like that. You get the license unless you have done something seriously wrong. Now you have to know that to buy a hand gun all you needed was a drivers license and money to start with. Open carry till the license comes in. There is a whole different world out there in free states not just NH.

Let me get this straight - If you decided one day that a LTC would be nice, you could just head on over to the Police Station, and have a License CC in EIGHT DAYS ?

My last renewal was done before I got home from dropping it off and running a couple errands. When I got home there was a message on the machine to pick it up. Two of my buddies just got there first permits in under 24 hours . These where in other towns then Salem

Last edited:
My renewal took 14 days I went back then and it was ready. They didn't call. They mentioned adding phone numbers for the references to the renewal application but I said I am not comfortable adding any additional information other then what the STATE asked for.
I wasn't rude about it just said I had seen that get abused over the years in Mass.

My brother, who was 18 or 19 at the time, got his NH CCL in one day or less.

~6 hours on my renewal in December [smile]

NH is good like that. You get the license unless you have done something seriously wrong. Now you have to know that to buy a hand gun all you needed was a drivers license and money to start with. Open carry till the license comes in. There is a whole different world out there in free states not just NH.

You only need a DL to purchase a gun in non-Commie states.

Back
Top Bottom