Sale on SMALL Safes-Ocean State Job Lot - to 10/10/07

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Just got the e-flier from Ocean State Job Lot and want to pass along the following to anyone looking for a SMALL handgun/paper safe. [NOTE: Since they aren't sold as gun safes, you WILL have to pay MA Sales Tax on them if bought in MA.] SALE PRICES GOOD UNTIL 10/10/2007.

Pertinent page in flier:
http://oceanstatejoblot.com/osjlprod/promo/AdPages.aspx?AdPage=13

Info on some of these safes:
http://www.nextag.com/Honeywell-Safes-Fire-Theft-521810273/prices-html

http://www.nextag.com/Honeywell-1-2-Cubic-507314748/prices-html

http://www.hechinger.com/web/catalo...y-263774&cid=65B38C122A598B2617CB9DE042FABF90

I have the $48 one. Great bedroom safe IMO. Quick access, can be bolted to floor and/wall. not fire proof (atleast mine was not) but surely going to keep out those that dont belong in it.

nice little units.

I actually got mine at Kmart though... and think i paid right around that price, maybe a couple bucks more but not much.

Visited the Danvers store yesterday, easily reached off Exit 24, Endicott St. They had about a dozen each of the $48.88 and $98.88 priced safes, both with the digital keypads.

The "larger" dial + key safe turns out to be a Honeywell Model 2054.

Regrettably, the two on display that I saw were locked tight and thus I couldn't see the inside layout (I was looking for a larger, valuable paper type safe).

The keypad w/handle larger one (Honeywell Model 2077D) that was on display had the handle "flip-flopping" (bent, broken, ??). No real fire-retardancy visible (lifted the carpeting).

Both of the above had enough play between door and box to easily stuff a screw-driver between them.

I took a "pass" on them. YMMV

I picked up the Model 2073 at the Norwood Job Lot. I hemmed and hawed over the two larger models. I have a small fire-proof safe already for my important papers. The price was right but the fireproof one was locked so I could't take a look inside. The bigger non-fireproof model was open. If the fireproof model has the same interior then I think it would be a good deal. IMHO if you're intention is to buy a safe good enough to keep the kids out and comply with the laws, these are a good buy. If you're trying to set up a mini-Brinks warehouse, keep shopping.
Best Regards.

It would have been funny if you (Riverside) were the person I was talking with about the fact that the fireproof model was shut and we couldn't see the insides (smaller than the one that was open with the floppy handle). I was there Friday late afternoon/early evening.

It would have been funny if you (Riverside) were the person I was talking with about the fact that the fireproof model was shut and we couldn't see the insides (smaller than the one that was open with the floppy handle). I was there Friday late afternoon/early evening.
I was there Friday evening between 6 and 7. I checked out at 18:56 exactly. I did speak briefly to a handsome man about the locked safe.[wink]
I'm satisfied with my purchase. I plan to use it for ammunition storage. If there's any space left I may add a few gems!
Best Regards.

OK Riverside, not guilty [wink].

I didn't buy anything at OSJL this time, but my receipt from Stop & Shop (went there right after OSJL) was 1757 hrs. So we missed each other by a little more than 1 hour.

Picked up the $98 Non-Fireproof model last weekend. The factory combo on the digital is 159A if you want to look inside. Great value for the size, fully carpeted with a shelf. I passed on the fireproof model as it requires the key in addition to the combination to open it.

Picked up the $98 Non-Fireproof model last weekend. The factory combo on the digital is 159A if you want to look inside. Great value for the size, fully carpeted with a shelf. I passed on the fireproof model as it requires the key in addition to the combination to open it.
The factory code for the smaller Model 2073 is also 159A. Duh! Are we onto something here? [grin]
Best Regards.

Back
Top Bottom