SA XD in 45acp. Worth getting?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Yep, another one of these posts. As the title indicates, I'm looking to get some recent reviews and overall opinion of a SA XD in 45acp. I've done some searches and the most recent post on the XD is several years old and they've made some modifications since then. For whatever reason I have the "urge" to own one of these. I've handled one, but haven't shot one yet. It felt good in my hands but wasn't able to get any trigger time.

So what do you think. Want one, own one, wouldn't touch one?

Doesnt seem to get the job done when it matters most...

The first woman urged Guitron to leave, but he began to fight with Salazar. Police documents alleged that the Olmos Park officer then told the 29-year-old woman to get his .45-caliber Springfield XDS pistol. She told police that she fired a shot at Guitron “just to scare him,” but then later said she couldn’t remember firing the shot.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/...an-after-women-refuse-his-wife-swapping-plan/

My only gripe is that the SA magazines do not like to feed tul ammo steel case, which is really the only ammo I can find reliably. So last weekend I traded in my xdm for a glock

My only gripe is that the SA magazines do not like to feed tul ammo steel case, which is really the only ammo I can find reliably. So last weekend I traded in my xdm for a glock

Interesting. I was looking at the XDM w/ the 4.5" bbl, but I can't justify the extra premium for basically the same gun with a few upgrades. Maybe I'm off on that one. Did you think the M was worth it?

I liked the XDM, shot fine, when it would feed. Not sure why mine had issues and if you research you will hear of others who had the same issue. Since in the last 6 months I was only able to buy about 300 rounds of brass case but 2000 rounds of tul ammo, the decision was pretty easy to get rid of the xdm for something I could actually use and shoot.

I've got one in .40. ~800-900 rounds without a single issue whatsoever. Eaten any ammo I have sent through it (brass)

The only gripe I have with the XD's is you can't rack the slide back unless your hand is on the grip safety. I ****ing hate that.
Otherwise they're wonderful handguns. Particularly if you're one of those people who find that their front sight is pointing at the moon whenever you pick up a Glock... the XD grip angle is more likely to bring the sights into the right place. The slide and barrel finish is not up to par with Glock or HK but that could be said of anything that isn't a Glock or HK- however, that would not be enough to get me not to buy it... the grip safety though... ugggh. That is why I have a G21SF and not an XD .45.

-Mike

Interesting. I was looking at the XDM w/ the 4.5" bbl, but I can't justify the extra premium for basically the same gun with a few upgrades. Maybe I'm off on that one. Did you think the M was worth it?

My Xdm 45c was the most accurate gun I owned at the time I had it. I took few friends at the range that never shot before and they were more accurate and considered the recoil better than my HK P30L 9mm, go figure. The P30 has a full size grip and is a great one the Xdm 45c does not.

I have the XD Tactical with 5" barrel and I love it. It has quickly become my primary go to toy. Its also gotten my wife to fall in love with it and now she wants her own .45. It's dead on accurate and is comfortable as hell for me and my wife. I have long hands and she has small hands but fits both of us perfectly.

I have the XD 5" Tactical, XD 4" Compact both in 45ACP and the XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm. All three are great shooters, accurate and a joy to shoot. Everytime I think I like one over the other, I shoot one of the other ones and it starts all over again.

Back
Top Bottom