S&W Sigma 9mm for wife

My wife and I were at R&R today looking at guns for myself when she saw and really like a S&W9VE. She has small hands and this has been one of the few guns she has felt comfortable with. I have heard mixed reviews about the new ones but I think b/c she likes it so much it is worth a shot at getting her into shooting more.

My main question is right on the gun it says that it can fire without the mag in it, I thought that all new guns had to have the mag disconnect safety?

Any opinions on the S&W9VE are welcome but also if somebody could answer the mag dissconnect question that would be great.

thanks

Absolutely NOT true. Non of my guns have a mag disconnect on them and they are MA compliant. (In all fairness... I personally rid the disconnect from my M&P).

While the gun might feel good in the shop she will hate shooting it. The trigger pull on a Sigma is too heavy for most people. My wife tried mine once and won't touch it again.

While the gun might feel good in the shop she will hate shooting it. The trigger pull on a Sigma is too heavy for most people. My wife tried mine once and won't touch it again.

+1 I prefer a heavy trigger, and even I don't shoot my Sigma that often.

If she wants a nice, light, inexpensive 9mm, look at the S & W 908S.

Well I picked up a new SW9VE yesterday, and yes the trigger is heavy but no worst then the mass compliant m&p in my opinion. But other then that it is a great gun for $300. I went to the range right after I got it and put 200 lead rounds through it with on problem. It is not a target gun that for sure, but that is not why I got it either. I think if you can get use to the trigger then buy it.

Back
Top Bottom