S&W 9mm Shield

Your best bet is probably to keep an eye out for one in the Classifieds here. Or keep dropping by your local gun shops and hope they have some in stock.... unlikely but I got a tip that a shop had several that came in that day so I went and got the last one that afternoon.

I have a shield in 9 and if it's his first purchase and he'll be bringing it to the range alot I would get something a little larger. I find its thin grip a little uncomfortable if you shoot it too much. I would be willing to let him try mine before he buys one and see for himself.

I have a shield in 9 and if it's his first purchase and he'll be bringing it to the range alot I would get something a little larger. I find its thin grip a little uncomfortable if you shoot it too much. I would be willing to let him try mine before he buys one and see for himself.

Eric that is a generous offer. I believe he will be going to Mass Firearms Academy and shoot one on rental along with renting a firing range tomorrow..

OK good luck watch out @ those public ranges most places like that will give any moron a gun. Try to get one of the lanes on the end if you can.

Eric that is a generous offer. I believe he will be going to Mass Firearms Academy and shoot one on rental along with renting a firing range tomorrow..

I'm a member down at MFS and like the range. You can double check when you go rent there (as I used one of their Shields before buying mine) but the Shields they have are not the MA compliant triggers that your friend will get with a new Shield gun purchase here in MA. I believe they had the trigger worked on. It is nice and feels good and I would not be surprised if your friend really likes it. Just keep in mind that a trigger job will make a world of difference from bone stock. Just my .02 cents worth.

Oh, I would call ahead and make sure they have some ammo for him to buy to use in the range. Don't want to waste a trip, time, or gas...... [smile]

I'm a member down at MFS and like the range. You can double check when you go rent there (as I used one of their Shields before buying mine) but the Shields they have are not the MA compliant triggers that your friend will get with a new Shield gun purchase here in MA. I believe they had the trigger worked on. It is nice and feels good and I would not be surprised if your friend really likes it. Just keep in mind that a trigger job will make a world of difference from bone stock. Just my .02 cents worth.

Oh, I would call ahead and make sure they have some ammo for him to buy to use in the range. Don't want to waste a trip, time, or gas...... [smile]

I'm trying to talk him to buying what i did a ruger LC9c and larger gun to range shoot but still small enough to carry. He has the ammo 300 rounds. Like him we both bought ammo before the gun. I was going to pick up a 22 but with the 22 lR no where to be seen I'll use the funds to buy extra mags on my new Ruger.

Thanks all for your help and knowldge to two new LTC Class a holders.

Have him join NES go green and post a WTB in the classified section. With-in 24 hours of posting a WTB here I got a PM and bough a NIB Shield 9mm for what the original owner paid for it. The power of NES is worth the annual fee.

Back
Top Bottom