S&w 1911 & 625

Let me know what you think

1911jm1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments

ChristosX, I used to clean my guns after every range visit.. now I clean the when the get really dirty or about every 1000 rounds

by the way the background in the picture is not real. I made it in photoshop

Great picture, but you should have put the two into their sunday best (gave em a good cleaning). I almost cringed at whatever is behind the thumb safety of the 1911, ewwwww.

That is their Sunday best! He gives them a thorough workout every Sunday, at least. He's kicks a lot of butt with that 1911, including mine.

To be honest, I much rather see the dirty guns. Too many times people post pics of their guns and when people ask how they shoot, the answer is "I don't know. I haven't shot it yet".

That is their Sunday best!

To be honest, I much rather see the dirty guns. Too many times people post pics of their guns and when people ask how they shoot, the answer is "I don't know. I haven't shot it yet".

One thing I learned the hard way was... Don't show up to a match with a clean gun. I use to clean before every match until I did not put the slide stop all the way back in. 2 shots into the match and the gun jams.[angry]

I used to clean my guns after every range visit.. now I clean the when the get really dirty or about every 1000 rounds

I respect that. Far more important that you get out and shoot. Better to have firearms that are actually used often and cleaned occassionally than to have safe queens that never see the range. My inner Felix Unger kicked in when I saw the grit and grime...

Chris

I dunno. I'm not saying don't shoot em. But I keep my stuff squeaky clean, after all, my life may depend on it. So after every range session, full strip and cleaning, check for broken/damaged parts. This way I can keep an eye on parts that need to be replaced for wear and tear before the pistol fails just when I need it... Like when I'm carrying it...

One thing I learned the hard way was... Don't show up to a match with a clean gun. I use to clean before every match until I did not put the slide stop all the way back in. 2 shots into the match and the gun jams.[angry]

Match ready test,
after cleaning your auto pistol, (making sure it's empty of course,)
rack the slide a few times, then

Take the pencil test:
Drop a pencil down the barrel, eraser end toward the breech face, point slightly upward (in a safe direction) and pull the trigger.
Your pencil should go flying![smile]

If so, pistol will fire when loaded.
(PS when you can catch the pencil every time, your a Master class shooter)
[shocked]
Hammer

You'd think![crying]

it's sort'a "KUNG FU" thing, (snatch the pepple......)

maybe someday, if I practice enuf, or when I grow up, I'll be able to get it everytime....[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom