S.2265 Message Printout / Dropoff - today and tomorrow morning

this is fantastic! - I'll be sending a PM in a second - my only ask is for your possible consideration in tweaking a couple words - If a senator is on the fence, I'd like them to better understand why we oppose some of these things that are popular with the moonbats. - I inserted a few words below that I underlined - thanks!

Please oppose the following amendments:
Some of the most egregious include #11 & #20 which would criminalize the private sale of firearms even between properly licensed family members , #57 which is, among other things a one gun a month bill but will have no impact on crime or violence and #60 which would ban many common use firearms and magazines.

I agree, and I like the changes. If no one objects, I'll make them in the letters as I haven't printed them out yet.

Ok, think I'm going to close this now. Got 26 letters to deliver which is fantastic! Thanks to everyone that responded on short notice for this!

Just called my senators (Ross & Rush)... Ross's admin said that they were getting a ton of calls on this, mostly against the amendments. Rush went to voice mail. Left a message against the amendments, asked him to call me back... (yeah right, that'll happen)

Finished delivering all 27 letters by 9:30am. In the pic below they're organized by floor. Tried to make a favorable impression quickly with each dropoff, got into a habit of saying something like this each time - "Good morning, I'd like to drop off a letter for senator X. This is regarding bill 2265, if it's still possible for them to take a look at it before today's vote, I'd appreciate it."

Most of them (secretaries/interns?) knew right away 2265 was the gun bill. Almost all of them thanked me and said their senator would look at it this morning. The most satisfying visit was to senator Montigny's office, where they were on the phone when I walked in, and I heard her repeating and saw her writing down Yes to #6 and #56, strongly against 11, 20, 57, and 60. I was happy to let that call finish before handing over the letters. [smile]

27625773858_bd136c25aa.jpg

Last edited:
Finished delivering all 27 letters by 9:30am. In the pic below they're organized by floor. Tried to make a favorable impression quickly with each dropoff, got into a habit of saying something like this each time - "Good morning, I'd like to drop off a letter for senator X. This is regarding bill 2265, if it's still possible for them to take a look at it before today's vote, I'd appreciate it."

Most of them (secretaries/interns?) knew right away 2265 was the gun bill. Almost all of them thanked me and said their senator would look at it this morning. The most satisfying visit was to senator Montigny's office, where they were on the phone when I walked in, and I heard her repeating and saw her writing down Yes to #6 and #56, strongly against 11, 20, 57, and 60. I was happy to let that call finish before handing over the letters. [smile]

S2265_20140717.jpg

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S2265_20140717.jpg

great work, much appreciated

THANK YOU!!!! I truly appreciate you doing this for me.
I have yet to hear back from my senator on how he is going to vote. A letter put into his office directly is better than a phone call or email any day.

I wonder if this will be more effective than emailing. I have emailed and called every person who "represents" my town and have yet to receive even an acknowledgment.

I only planned two deliveries because I thought the senate would be voting on it today. But in the main stickied thread, there's a post saying Moms Demand Disarmed Victims sent an email saying the vote will be tomorrow. So, I dunno, I might do another delivery if that's the case.

I need to thank you a third time, I really do. My senator voted for the amendment that took away suitability for an FID card. Also, he got back to me later today too. I have previously emailed him, and called him and he has never gotten back to me, but after your letter was dropped off he called back.

I need to thank you a third time, I really do. My senator voted for the amendment that took away suitability for an FID card. Also, he got back to me later today too. I have previously emailed him, and called him and he has never gotten back to me, but after your letter was dropped off he called back.

Excellent!

- - - Updated - - -

In case anyone is curious:

39688390410_046852daf1_b.jpg

Last edited:
My senator got my letter and I actually know who the other letter was sent by. Just 2 people.

That is pretty sad.

There should have been hundreds of letters being dropped off by Rekonn.

I still think Rekonn was awesome to do that so Thank You.

My senator got my letter and I actually know who the other letter was sent by. Just 2 people.

That is pretty sad.

To be fair, most people don't use letters any more. I, and a few of my friends contact our reps by e-mail pretty frequently. I'm interested to know how much correspondence counting e-mails and phone calls was received.

That is pretty sad.

Your welcome! I think I'll be at this job with it's convenient location close the the statehouse for some time. I'll probably make another delivery offer someday, and would like to increase participation too.

I'm wondering if some (many?) people were just reluctant to give their personal info to a stranger? I can understand that. If you're reading this, and it describes you, please post or PM and let me know! If there's something I can do to address that concern, let me know that too. Maybe I can contact GOAL and become some kind of verified volunteer?

To be fair, most people don't use letters any more. I, and a few of my friends contact our reps by e-mail pretty frequently. I'm interested to know how much correspondence counting e-mails and phone calls was received.

What kind of response do you get from your reps by email? I only get meaningless mush with no specifics from mine. Part of what made me think of this is that I wondered if they just have some staffer copy/paste the same response to every email about this bill. Now, if you actually speak to your rep on the phone, or see them in person, that's fantastic. Then I'd agree that getting a printed letter delivered is redundant.

Back
Top Bottom