RWS scope

Personally I wouldn't try it.

If it's a cheap airgun scope it probably won't hold up to the recoil.

If it's a more expensive airgun scope it is probably designed to handle the small reverse recoil of the spring loaded air piston moving forward as opposed to the normal recoil of a firearm.

airgun scope

Personally I wouldn't try it.

If it's a cheap airgun scope it probably won't hold up to the recoil.

If it's a more expensive airgun scope it is probably designed to handle the small reverse recoil of the spring loaded air piston moving forward as opposed to the normal recoil of a firearm.

i have heard that a scope for a real firearm would not last on a
spring loaded air piston pellet rifle. a friend of mine did in fact
ruin a $200 scope (can't remember brand name) off his shotgun
that he put on his spring pellet gun.

i'm inclined to side with you on spending $125 for an airgun scope
that meets the same death.

thanks

From http://www.airguns.net/faq.php#faq12:
What's the differences between an airgun scope and firearm rifle scope?
Spring-Piston airguns generate heavy recoil and vibration in both the forward and rearward directions. Most rimfire and centerfire riflescopes are made to withstand only the rearward recoil of these types of rifles. Airgun scopes are made to withstand heavy bi-direction recoil and vibration. They typically also have parallax adjustment that allow closer focus. Typically these adjustments will allow focusing down to 10 yards. Recoil is typically not a problem with pnuematic airguns.

I have a Hakko Tacpoint on my AR, it is a red dot scope almost identical to the Aimpoint.
It keeps zero and I have had no problems with it. It is made for rifles and is under $200.
I have a lot of experience with it but would I want it in a shoot out I don't know.

air gun scope

I have a Hakko Tacpoint on my AR, it is a red dot scope almost identical to the Aimpoint.
It keeps zero and I have had no problems with it. It is made for rifles and is under $200.
I have a lot of experience with it but would I want it in a shoot out I don't know.

is the Hakko ret dot an airgun scope?

Back
Top Bottom