RWS Ammo for .22 Bullseye Matches?

I'm having a hard time figuring out which particular RWS ammo to try. Can anyone clue me in on what the differences are between these?

"Special Match"
"R50"
"R100"

R50 and R100 are used in rifle matches @ 50/100 meters, thus the name.
Assuming that you are looking to use RWS ammo in a pistol up to ~ 80 ft, there is a "Pistol Match" round by RWS that should suit your needs.

From the Champions Choice web site:

The RWS R 50 is the cartridge of choice of numerous Olympic champions and world record holders. Due to the special manufacturing process, an unparalleled degree of precision and reliability is being achieved. Every lot is repeatedly checked and thoroughly tested for ballistics, gas pressure and circle of dispersion. Series by series with perfectly tuned components. This way, velocity fluctuations are almost non-existent. Ideal for the whole range of small-calibre rifles as well as free pistols, sport and standard pistols.

•Choice of numerous Olympic Champions
•Manufactured under special conditions for highest constancy and safety
•Velocity deviations are minimal
•Ideal for total range of small-bore rifles as well as free pistol

Made in Stadeln, Germany.

Dimensions:
Bullet weight: 2.6 grams / 40 grains
Profile: Round Nose

Velocity:
Muzzle: 330 (m/sec) / 1083 (ft/sec)
50m: 294 (m/sec) / 965 (ft/sec)
100m : 271 (m/sec) / 889 (ft/sec)

Energy:
Muzzle: 142 J / 105 (ft.lb)
50m: 113 J / 83 (ft.lb)
100m: 95 J / 70 (ft.lb)

The RWS R 100 is the preferred cartridge of internationally successful match shooters. High velocities in the supersonic range and excellent precision make the RWS R 100 the first choice for silhouette shooting with rifles and pistols. Suitable at 50 and 100 m. Please inquire about the valid regulations of the IBU, when you want to use RWS .22 l.r. R 100 rimfire cartridges in biathlon. The bullet weight is exactly 2.675 +/- 0.005 grams.

•High velocity in the supersonic range
•Suitable for shooting at both 50 and 100 meters
•High precision in silhouette shooting with rifle and pistol
•Also an excellent choice for biathletes

Dimensions:

Velocity:
Muzzle: 345 (m/sec) / 1132 (ft/sec)
50m: 304 (m/sec) / 997 (ft/sec)
100m : 277 (m/sec) / 909 (ft/sec)

Energy:
Muzzle: 155 J / 114 (ft.lb)
50m: 120 J / 88.5 (ft.lb)
100m: 100 J / 74 (ft.lb)

Special Match
•Very high quality match ammunition (close to R50)
•Excellent price to performance ratio

Dimensions:

Velocity:
Muzzle: 330 (m/sec) / 1083 (ft/sec)
50m: 294 (m/sec) / 965 (ft/sec)
100m : 271 (m/sec) / 889 (ft/sec)

Energy:
Muzzle: 142 J / 105 (ft.lb)
50m: 113 J / 83 (ft.lb)
100m: 95 J / 70 (ft.lb)

R100 is a little faster than R50 but still subsonic.
http://www.fosterguns.com/
Foster Bear Arms had both R50 and R100 in stock the last time I was there. At 0.24 to 0.40 per round, it seems to me that these are overkill ($) for most bullseye pistol matches and are better suited to benchrest matches.

If you can find target rifle, by all means try it. A lot of people I know use in in their Pardini's and it pretty much shoots one jagged hole at 50 feet. It functions in the Pardini's because it's a bit shorter on the OAL and Pardini SP mags don't have a lot of room for longer rounds. If price is no object, the others are very good.

Have you considered Wolf Match Target? It's a decent round, priced OK by today's standards, and available.

Thanks for the info. I am coming to the end of my current supply so all options are open. I would certainly try wolf if I can find it in SE MA.

It seems that a lot of rimfire ammo is collaborated now. I used to use SK Jag in my Pardini. It shot extremely well and was totally reliable.

If you're shooting 50' bullseye, most standard velocity (some already mentioned above, plus Aguila Standard Velocity or Match Pistol, Eley Sport, Eley Target, Eley Club, and even CCI SV) will produce reasonable groups/results. The bigger variable may be how well each ammo cycles during timed and rapid fire.

This link, which has been posted by others, shows long range groups for many 22lr ammos.
http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

I have shot 20,000 + rounds through my Pardini. 5k rounds Wolf target match, and 15k+ RWS target rifle (indoor 50 ft & outdoor 25 yd bullseye). I have had exactly 1 failure to fire, and one stovepipe which was in the first 500 rounds. I would either of these is great, but wouldn't hesitate to shoot SK, CCI SV or Federal 711.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom