Russian NAGANT Revolvers SKYROCKET ?

CaseHardened

Banned
Browsing the web for C&R and came across this:

Screen Shot 06-27-16 at 05.42 PM.jpg

https://www.classicfirearms.com/nagant-m1895-revolver

(linking to them because they don't ship to Mass, and we all know it)

$299 and OOS !

These things have tripled in price in the past four years.

Classic is asking more than they do for a CZ-82

Screen Shot 06-27-16 at 05.47 PM.JPG

$269 and also OOS

I'm glad I bought mine when I did !

Why did the Nagant increase so much ?

holy shit, should have bought more of them. All this surplus shit I bought ages ago to **** around is now mint, what do I **** around with now?

I remember buying some old AMD AK kits when they were to lowest price of anything, just as donor parts. Now they rocketed up in price, I don't even want to touch them.

holy shit, should have bought more of them. All this surplus shit I bought ages ago to **** around is now mint, what do I **** around with now?

I remember buying some old AMD AK kits when they were to lowest price of anything, just as donor parts. Now they rocketed up in price, I don't even want to touch them.

Yeah, you don't have to be an Old Timer to recall these were $99 everywhere.

The USSR made so many, I believe these are the most common Handgun in the World !

Last edited:
This is such an awful time for C&R Handgun collectors.

The only one generally available at Dealer Prices is the Polish P-64.

Screen Shot 06-27-16 at 06.03 PM.JPG

Under $250 most places.

I don't see anything coming down the line, either.

Kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing one at $100. Not worth it at that price for now.

Hell, the hex 91/30's are already up a hundred over the last year.

There are many people who bought these and dealer stock has dried up. The private parties will step in trying to cash in. We'll see lots of them on GB.

There are many people who bought these and dealer stock has dried up. The private parties will step in trying to cash in. We'll see lots of them on GB.

Nagant Revolvers are so unusual, so SteamPunk.

I just like handling it.

I wonder if I could find some Dummy Rounds so as to dry-fire it a bit ?

I also wonder if:

Antiques and Replicas
An antique firearm is defined as any handgun, rifle or shotgun manufactured in or before 1899, or any replica thereof which is not designed for firing fixed ammunition or which uses fixed ammunition no longer manufactured in the United States and no longer readily available commercially.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/massachusetts/

I have never found Nagant Revolver Ammunition for sale in my local Mass Gun Shops. To me that's fixed ammunition no longer manufactured in the United States and no longer readily available commercially.

So I believe a verified 1899 or earlier Nagant is not a firearm by Mass Law.

But yes, I know, that argument is only useful as something for your Lawyer to plea after you've been arrested.

They've been out of stock for months; if not over a year.

My 1906 Nagant cost $250 in February of '15 (early date selection; $225 otherwise). Frame, cylinder, and grip are stamped matched. I ordered it over the phone from a well known distributor. The same source and the same date (x3) were recently on GunBroker for $350.

T

I just looked; there is still one 1906 available for $350.

Last edited:
My 1906 Nagant cost $250 in February of '15 (early date selection; $225 otherwise). I ordered it over the phone from a well known distributer. The same source and the same date (x3) were recently on GunBroker for $350.

T

Sweet !

Nice early Nagant. Czar Era !

And the rest are quite fine as well. There's just something about a handgun with a LANYARD.

Here are some quick pictures and information. It was given to a major Navrotski from this guy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kliment_Voroshilov

018459120b5ed126fb0c995c27dc0582.jpg
f5c12f6efb3b0893b4fd84da316f9ed5.jpg
a7da2a8f120925ac777287b2f8a676f3.jpg

I gotta get one of these some time. I have to laugh at the CZ82 price, good luck finding one that cheap!

I would have to see that.
The appraiser said it was very difficult to put a value on because there are no others that have sold. There are six others known but they are all in museums in Russia. He said it could sell for much more at auction with provenance. I have been trying to get more information on Navrotski but it has been very difficult. The Russians do not share much of there history.
The best information I have heard is that Major Navrotski was lauded for getting the Mongolians to fight on the Russian side against Japan in a border war. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol. But there has been some information that it may have been the winter war where he earned it.

When I bought mine I was going to get one for $99 and $12 shipping. I put it in the cart and added a second one just for fun and the shipping went to $13. I figured I couldn't afford NOT to buy two of them.

I would almost consider selling them for $600. That seems crazy.

Last edited:
My FFL called and said he had six Russian revolvers and would I like one or two at $114. Sure why not ? Maybe I should have bought several.

IMG_4053a_zps927919e4.jpg

IMG_3934_zpsb246a878.jpg

How long ago ?

- - - Updated - - -

When I bought mine I was going to get one for $99 and $12 shipping. I put it in the cart and added a second one just for fun and the shipping went to $13. I figured I couldn't afford NOT to buy two of them.

I would almost consider selling them for $600. That seems crazy.

It's nice to have one with Wood Grips and another with Plastic.

Ok, let's say I'm a MA Resident, LTC, C&R, and I discover a nice Nagant Revolver (or whatever) in an Out-Of-State Shop.

Can I buy it then and there ?

Or must it be shipped to me ?

Ok, let's say I'm a MA Resident, LTC, C&R, and I discover a nice Nagant Revolver (or whatever) in an Out-Of-State Shop.

Can I buy it then and there ?

Or must it be shipped to me ?

There is no legal reason why you couldn't buy it there and take it home. You may find some shops won't sell to you anyway.

The P64 is the next that will go up in value. I got mine a few years back for 180. I would buy ten if I had the extra scratch as these will be going for 400 down the road.

Glad I got my Nagant for 99..........

This is such an awful time for C&R Handgun collectors.

The only one generally available at Dealer Prices is the Polish P-64.

View attachment 170696

Under $250 most places.

I don't see anything coming down the line, either.

Nagant Revolvers are so unusual, so SteamPunk.

I just like handling it.

I wonder if I could find some Dummy Rounds so as to dry-fire it a bit ?

I also wonder if:

Antiques and Replicas
An antique firearm is defined as any handgun, rifle or shotgun manufactured in or before 1899, or any replica thereof which is not designed for firing fixed ammunition or which uses fixed ammunition no longer manufactured in the United States and no longer readily available commercially.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/massachusetts/

I have never found Nagant Revolver Ammunition for sale in my local Mass Gun Shops. To me that's fixed ammunition no longer manufactured in the United States and no longer readily available commercially.

Collectable Arms and Ammo (619 Guns and Ammo) in Merrimack NH always has Nagant ammo ....surplus and new PPU ammo for sale.

That's where I always get mine!

Sounds like I should have held onto my CZ82 that I sold last year...Just didn't shoot it very much and needed the $$

I was never interested in getting one of the Nagant revolvers for some reason. The only C&R I have is my Romanian Tokarev which I love. I'll never sell that as I love the x25 round.

Last edited:
Sounds like I should have held onto my CZ82 that I sold last year...Just didn't shoot it very much and needed the $$

I was never interested in getting one of the Nagant revolvers for some reason. The only C&R I have is my Romanian Tokarev which I love. I'll never sell that as I love the x25 round.

CZ82-2.jpg

The CZ-82 is amazing. God bless the Museum Curator somewhere who suggested this as a C&R.

QUESTION: This is how I usually see them supplied: One Mag with an extended base plate; another Mag with a very thin one.

How come ? I prefer the extended because I think it looks cool. Which is as good a reason as any.

Back
Top Bottom