• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian Lovers

JonJ

NES Member
Right now on the Military channel, Battlefields is doing the "Battle of Stalingrad".
Short notice, I know. I just found it.

I try to record all the WW2 shows they have it makes a great thing for future viewing during the winter(cabin fever)and a great addition to the "World at War", the "Band of Brothers" and the Finnish war video's like "Fire & Ice".

BigBill said:
..and the Finnish war video's like "Fire & Ice".

Can you provide any details? Thanks.

Another interesting movie is one about two (well, three) soldiers in Bosnia, I think. One is on a mine, and the enemy comes in and first tries to help him, then the UN is called in, and then...

Go to; www.mastersworkmedia.com/fireandice/

Its about the finnish/russian war of 1939, this is when the small finnish army held of the russian attacks. This is when hitler seen this little country hold off the russians he figured his crack german troops would walk right thru russia which they almost did. The is an older VHS video on the winter war and its subtitles its ok but the newer DVD is better. I like and have both of them. The Fire & Ice dvd is one of the best done video's about telling the story about a war that i have seen so far. Maybe some one will rework the "world at war" dvd's some day too. I know its hard to do but sometimes its confusing with everything going on at the sametime it jumps around. Its good but i think it could be a little better made so we can follow better. But its fact war is hell.

I'm pretty sure my uncle fought in one of or maybe both of those wars. He has Russian shrapnel in his shoulder. I need to see this.

Coyote33 said:
I'm pretty sure my uncle fought in one of or maybe both of those wars. He has Russian shrapnel in his shoulder. I need to see this.

You really need to make it to a range day with us and shoot my Finnish Mosin Nagant. It's an M24, Civil Guard rifle.

From the responses I'm seeing in the Sand Pit thread, I'll extend an invite here somewhere when the usual group of locals goes to the local pit. Probably mid April.

Back
Top Bottom