• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian Fleet 35 Miles Off Hawaii Practices Sinking An Aircraft Carrier

Practiced sinking an enemy carrier, or simulated one of their own being sunk?
And now the Russians have an underwater submarine base 35 miles off Hawaii?
Subs are everywhere. They cannot really be stopped. Nukes on subs is what maintains the world peace - each side has enough under water to burn other side after a first strike with icbm.

The Russians don’t have an inservice carrier anymore. The one they had, was towed back from the medertarian by the ocean going tug that follows it around since they know it’s a hunk of shit. So after it broke down there was already a ship to drag it back home.

Then it went in for refit. A crane collapsed over the flight deck and smashed into the ship creating a lot of damage. I believe the floating dry dock it was on was also having some problems staying afloat.

Then, after the crane fell on it, it caught on fire.

Easily the worst carrier ever in service anywhere.

The Russians don’t have an inservice carrier anymore. The one they had, was towed back from the medertarian by the ocean going tug that follows it around since they know it’s a hunk of shit. So after it broke down there was already a ship to drag it back home.

Then it went in for refit. A crane collapsed over the flight deck and smashed into the ship creating a lot of damage. I believe the floating dry dock it was on was also having some problems staying afloat.

“That one burned down, fell over, and then sank in to the swamp.” [laugh]

I was watching a video, Turkey is building a canal to get to the Black sea so they can circumvent a treaty signed 100 years ago that doesn't allow warships through the current canal.

Russia is pissed.
The U.S supports it.

Will be interesting if they finish it.

Yes [rofl]

etc

just to add to the score, that aircraft carrier basically killed off half a dozen of its own planes through various mishaps and accidents.

It's an old Soviet ship, way past it's service life, even if all the planned maintenance was actually done.

maxresdefault.jpg

just a clarification, the ship in this picture is NOT on fire, it's just the ships engines aren't very ecologically friendly.

Biden has picked a crop of individuals so hideous in soul and skin that would be better fit as carnival freaks. Another reason among thousands as to why I miss DJT.

Working in the Russian underwater submarine base off Hawaii
would be a bad job to take.

You never know when a Japanese vo-tech factory trawler
is going to fall on your head.
[angry]

I was watching a video, Turkey is building a canal to get to the Black sea so they can circumvent a treaty signed 100 years ago that doesn't allow warships through the current canal.
ORLY?

Lol.

Reminds of Iran “sinking” a cardboard/plywood replica of an American carrier.

Russia’s Navy is a joke. They are projecting strength because they know Biden is a joke.

Russia is pissed.
The U.S supports it.

If Modern Continental is in charge of the design build it’s going to go over budget.

i thought they offered that carrier to iran for a decent price...with an unconditional guarantee that it may stay afloat.

Cold war antics. This is nothing new. We do this to them on the reg. Tit for tat. Fun stuff. One of the main reason the USS Ronald Reagan and her Strike Group is stationed out of Japan.

Working in the Russian underwater submarine base off Hawaii
would be a bad job to take.

You never know when a Japanese vo-tech factory trawler
is going to fall on your head.
[angry]

ORLY?
But the U.S can't get a carrier in there. There is a size or weight limit.

just to add to the score, that aircraft carrier basically killed off half a dozen of its own planes through various mishaps and accidents.

It's an old Soviet ship, way past it's service life, even if all the planned maintenance was actually done.

maxresdefault.jpg

just a clarification, the ship in this picture is NOT on fire, it's just the ships engines aren't very ecologically friendly.
Old and never cutting edge. They were bad from day 1.

Looks like the Chinese made a serviceable one out of the retro hull they bought, though.

Not like they know how to use it or keep it afloat.

I think they lost the subs though ;)
quite the opposite, they are quite active.

Meh - not real news and not a real threat. We're the only country that has proven capability of sinking our carriers, and the ones we sink are outdated by our standards, but light years ahead of other countries.

Russia never really got the idea of what a carrier was for anyway, their major air threat to our ships was land based bombers.

Russia is pissed.
The U.S supports it.

What? Can they not just sail through the Dardanelles and the Bosporus like literally everyone else? Why the hell do they need canals?

quite the opposite, they are quite active.
I was just trying to make light of the situation, and reference the movie the Hunt for red October, when the Russian consulate was talking to the US consulate about 2 lost Russian subs

Back
Top Bottom