• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Running out of Ammo in Private Citizen Self-Defense Shootings?

You made the statement that people defending themselves and others would be shot by responding police. I showed that that's not the case.

Show me a case here in MA.
We have so many laws here in regards to firearms that the other states don't.
We have police here arresting and searching peoples houses for not using a trigger lock.
You can be arrested here in MA for a 22LR spent shell casing in you car if you don't have a license.
Read all the laws on traveling here in MA with a firearm.
If your driving in your car and your pistol is in the back seat not locked up in a case. You will be charged with a storage violation.
Getting jammed up here in MA is the norm, not the exception!
Then we have the whole could you have fled thing that would be brought up in court when they are charging you with murder.
The police would confiscate your firearms and revoke your LTC for any self defense use here in MA.

You made the statement that people defending themselves and others would be shot by responding police. I showed that that's not the case.

Yes, you did.
But will they all turn out like that?
Not trying to be a jerk just saying.

My MA comments were just that storage and carry laws are different in every state. Especially here in MA.

My brother-in-law and I got named and quoted at the rally saying that we were "felons". Our wives were by our sides. My bright yellow Jeep is CALLED the Gadsden, it has a two foot tall snake on the hood with "Don't Tread on Me" in 3" high letters. If I'm not wearing scrubs for work, I'm wearing something 2A related, right now it's "If this flag offends you I'll help you pack". And I'm (hypothetically) carrying a full-size 1911 10+1 with two spares while watching my daughter play softball at school.

I take my rights as an American citizen seriously, as well as my responsibilities as a father and husband.

A long time ago I came upon an accident at an intersection on a major highway where a car was upside down and leaking gas. I hoped out of my truck, grabbed my passing fire extinguisher and went to make sure it was empty. There were easily 30+ people standing around and traffic was stopped. No cops or fire fighters yet. Never occurred to me NOT to approach, or that I might get hurt. Thankfully, the car was empty and didn't ignite.

Statistically I doubt that I'll be "in the right (or wrong, depending) place at the right time" but I have no doubt what I'll do if I am.

We each do and choose what is right for ourselves, individually. Telling others that they are wrong, or mall ninja, or delusional, because "I said so" or whatever is EXACTLY what libs do and what we rail against daily.

You have a problem with somebody because they carry a snubby? Or because they prefer a full-size? Or want to keep an AR pattern in their trunk? At least they're CARRYING.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Don't be an idiot. 15 rounds probably wouldn't have been enough there either.

The Koreans in the LA riots weren't targeted explicitly by a gang that was all armed, so this is a terrible comparison. Trying to compare them is intellectually dishonest.
Actually this is not true. The Korean store owners were targeted by the local Latino gangs who were randomly driving by and shooting up the shops through out the riots.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They may not all turn out that way but in the large majority of cases if not all they will since the police are very rarely if ever on scene when these things start and even when they arrive on scene they don't always go in right away like at the Orlando night club. Yes carry and storage laws are different in every state but I don't believe any of them affect the amount of ammo you choose to carry.

Yes, you did.
But will they all turn out like that?
Not trying to be a jerk just saying.

My MA comments were just that storage and carry laws are different in every state. Especially here in MA.

You have a problem with somebody because they carry a snubby? Or because they prefer a full-size? Or want to keep an AR pattern in their trunk? At least they're CARRYING.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This has to be an internet phenomena, everyone has to be in one camp or the other. For some reason people need to argue when the answer is just do what works for you. If your practicing the 2nd by carrying who cares if your packing a semi, a revolver; a .38, a 9mm or a .44 if it works for you, fits comfy and you can shoot well with it. Carry it.

This has to be an internet phenomena, everyone has to be in one camp or the other. For some reason people need to argue when the answer is just do what works for you. If your practicing the 2nd by carrying who cares if your packing a semi, a revolver; a .38, a 9mm or a .44 if it works for you, fits comfy and you can shoot well with it. Carry it.

Like the wise man has said many times, "We all have to find our own salvation".

Back
Top Bottom